Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Uneven sonics on "Electric Ladyland"

I'm Grant.

Default Uneven sonics on "Electric Ladyland"

Was one of the first to chord using his thumb too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Was one of the first to chord using his thumb too
    Chet Atkins was doing that kind of thing from the 1940s
    Charlie Christian used the technique too
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Yup but it wasn't a regular thing til jimi did it. He was quite an innovator. Liked to play reverse chords too.
    As I said I think he was a magic musician but he is not high up in my listening list An acquired taste
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Hendrix didn't play guitar like anyone else. This is equally true in terms of the technique he used. He played almost exclusively with open chords with altering fingering arrangements. His technique gave him the ability for additional hammer-ons and pull-off in chords which gave him endless possibilities. I play guitar, I'm very good, I know how Hendrix played but yet there is a dimension in which I just cannot compete. I play Beck, Clapton etc with aplomb but Hendrix wasn't standard. Say what you will, to me, he is the greatest of all time.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    It is impossible to emulate Hendrix. Many have tried, but all have failed.

I am a guitar player, but I know better, so I never ever try to emulate Hendrix. I'd much rather forge my own, pathetic little style of playing.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    It is impossible to emulate Hendrix. Many have tried, but all have failed.

I am a guitar player, but I know better, so I never ever try to emulate Hendrix. I'd much rather forge my own, pathetic little style of playing.
    Hahaha, yep. Join the club hahaha.

I think all guitar players know better. Except SRV!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Karl.

Rory Gallagher for me... even Hendrix himself agreed
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Russell.

Hendrix influenced armies of disciples of guitar players. One of my favorites was Robin Trower. Often accused of being a Hendrix clone, I don't see that at all. Trower picked up where Jimi left off, influenced by him? Definitely, copying him, not at all. Trower was one who spoke through the guitar, made it cry and sing. SRV, had many recordings of him playing Hendrix songs, some Better than others. I've heard some of his Voodoo Child that would nearly fool you. And I saw Kenny Wayne Shepard live in Richmond VA. And he played Voodoo Child, and was super awesome! I could hear Hendrix between the lines. Having never had the chance to see Hendrix live, it was the next best thing. But I think when people say he's the best ever, it's impossible to not take into account that he was the first. He changed guitar forever, nothing was ever the same after him. There are many great guitarists in this world now and gone, so hard to label anyone as best. But I do feel that Neil Pert is the best drummer ever! Maybe not the best, but no one is better!

One of the reasons why Jimi is so hard to emulate on guitar, is because he held a right handed guitar upside down and played left handed. So, you'd have to do the same to get the exact same fingerings as he used. I saw a YouTube video showing the difference, most revealing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Oddly one of the best blues guitarists did same. One of the 3 kings
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Oddly one of the best blues guitarists did same. One of the 3 kings
    Flooring the note!
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Grant.

no, played a right handed guitar upside down left handed. Albert King. big fan of his and the other 2 for that matter. Buddy Guy too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234