+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFD AUDIO: 2017 price rises on power cord, Zero LE (V) integrated, Digilink Copper II

I'm Howard.

Default LFD AUDIO: 2017 price rises on power cord, Zero LE (V) integrated, Digilink Copper II

Well, hello.

I'm Shane.

LFD is nice....But very overpriced!

S.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    LFD is nice....But very overpriced!

S.
    I don't think it is overpriced, the price is to keep the demand down I think, so that they can continue to be hand built by Dr. Bews himself, and I think an assistant might be employed for the Zero amps. Additionally, there is a lot of custom wiring in LFD gear, which is expensive.

Yes, when you look in the boxes, there's not always a lot there (my PA2M (SE) amp is pretty packed, but my DLS pre is super-super minimal), but what you are getting for your money is years and years of obsessive experience in the pursuit of sound quality only. A good analogy might be mega-expensive Japanese Sushi chefs - it's just 'rice' and 'raw fish', but people will happily pay £100s in a single sitting for the ultimately refined expressions of these ingredients.

Also, there's a lot of "hi-end" gear out there, costing a lot more than LFD gear, that won't sound as good, but will come in a super-fancy case or have massively overcomplicated circuits. For good, honest musical expression that just gets out of the way I don't think much comes close to LFD gear.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I don't think it is overpriced, the price is to keep the demand down I think, so that they can continue to be hand built by Dr. Bews himself, and I think an assistant might be employed for the Zero amps. Additionally, there is a lot of custom wiring in LFD gear, which is expensive.

Yes, when you look in the boxes, there's not always a lot there (my PA2M (SE) amp is pretty packed, but my DLS pre is super-super minimal), but what you are getting for your money is years and years of obsessive experience in the pursuit of sound quality only. A good analogy might be mega-expensive Japanese Sushi chefs - it's just 'rice' and 'raw fish', but people will happily pay £100s in a single sitting for the ultimately refined expressions of these ingredients.

Also, there's a lot of "hi-end" gear out there, costing a lot more than LFD gear, that won't sound as good, but will come in a super-fancy case or have massively overcomplicated circuits. For good, honest musical expression that just gets out of the way I don't think much comes close to LFD gear.

Fair enough. But, my opinion on the price will stay permanent!

S.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post

Personally, i don't know enough about the brand nor its products to be able to provide an informed view. So i asked HP who ran LFD4U for some years for his opinion. All he said was "I agree with Yomanze on this topic 100%" And then he said ... "He's got excellent taste re the DLS"

Neil
    Well, hello.

+ Reply to Thread