+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Valve testing database.

I'm Chris.

Default Valve testing database.

Could I put forward an idea.

Around the UK there will be many people capable of valve testing. Equally there will be many audiophiles who have valves in their possesion who would dearly love to have them tested. Could we put together a register of anyone willing to offer that services, including their location.

I'm sure a small fee per valve would be acceptable.

What do you think?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Good idea. I recently acquired a Transcendent Sound valve tester kit. Need to build it first though. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Good idea. I recently acquired a Transcendent Sound valve tester kit. Need to build it first though. :-)
    Well this is going well Ali

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Bumping this thread to see if there is any more interest amongst our Members.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Good idea....I 'd support it
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Martin.

I have a calibrated AVO CT160 valve tester. I have tested quite a few valves for forum members. I can test small signal valves and some power valves for inter electrode shorts and leaks, emission and mutual conductance.

For anyone around the midlands area a visit would be the quickest, otherwise postage cost would need to be covered with valves sent in 'sensible' reusable packaging.

I would not charge for testing, but would leave it to your discretion to make a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by disarmamant; 30-10-2017 at 12:13.

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by disarmamant View Post
    I have a calibrated AVO CT160 valve tester. I have tested quite a few valves for forum members. I can test small signal valves and some power valves for inter electrode shorts and leaks, emission and mutual conductance.

For anyone around the midlands area a visit would be the quickest, otherwise postage cost would need to be covered with valves sent in 'sensible' reusable packaging.

I would not charge for testing, but would leave it to your discretion to make a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support.

That's very kind of you ,thank you on behalf of all members

I'm Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by disarmamant View Post

+ Reply to Thread