+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phono to preamp interconnects

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Oh hell Alex, so sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

http://www.analogueseduction.net/cat...rconnects.html

These are the ones we currently use. Three stereo pairs. Pre to power, CD to pre and phono to pre.

Looks interesting. Must give them a go someday.

S.

I'm Alex.

Oh hell Alex, so sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

http://www.analogueseduction.net/cat...rconnects.html

These are the ones we currently use. Three stereo pairs. Pre to power, CD to pre and phono to pre.
    Thanks, those look pretty scrumptious.

A friend of mine offered a theory that the difference I've heard when switching cables might boil down to the fact that I've cleaned up the contact surfaces when I jiggled the cables. Could such thing contribute to the difference?

Intrigued, I went back last night and unplugged Red River and plugged back the old no name cables. The difference between the playback was not as pronounced as when I originally switched them. I can still hear that the no name cables sound a bit muffled and 'wooly', but not to the extent that I experienced initially.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Thanks, those look pretty scrumptious
    I avoid judging cables by their appearance. Listening is the only way. Some sellers do 'sale or return'.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I avoid judging cables by their appearance. Listening is the only way. Some sellers do 'sale or return'.
    I couldn't listen to them by looking at the photo, so I was only left with the option to comment on the looks.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Looks are everything! If the cable isn't covered with black mesh sleeving or doesn't have signal direction markers fitted, it can't be any good!

Likewise the best mains cables are those that use the old, pre-EU, colour coding. It makes all the difference.
    Barry

I'm Shaun.

Ah, but if these are linear crystal copper cables then the crystal is drawn out in one direction only by extrusion so that would surely make the cables directional...?

I'm Geoff.

Ah, but if these are linear crystal copper cables then the crystal is drawn out in one direction only by extrusion so that would surely make the cables directional...?
    Wire can't be directional. It has to work in both directions with audio signals and mains power.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123