+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome

I'm Shaun.

Default Google Chrome

How come since my last Win10 update, Google Chrome continually crashes Win10...? Is this some cunning plan by Microsoft...?

I'm Alan.

Do you mean crashes on Win10.

If not then perhaps it is a cunning plan by Google .......?

I'm Edward.

Full uninstall and reinstall of Chrome?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Full uninstall and reinstall of Chrome?
    That may work.

However, it's not uncommon for 'windows updates' to cock something up, which is then corrected in the next update. As updates are pretty regular, it may be worth waiting to see if the issue is remedied shortly.

Alternatively, if you like Chrome, there are several other browsers that are Chrome derived and are very similar to use. You could try one for the time being.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

Possibly, but if it was a MS cock up there ought to have been widespread reports of it.

If the OP does not want to uninstall /install I would suggest clearing the Chrome Cache and/or creating a new Chrome profile.

But also try usual things like Safe Mode etc.

I have several instances here of win10 and Chrome and have not had any issues following the Creators (or subsequent) updates

Sent via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm James.

My Google chrome has recently begun to crash a lot and is also very sluggish,my Acer tablet has become a real pain in the arse use
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

In case you're using an antivirus or firewall software, ensure Chrome is trusted or permitted by these programs. You can also try temporarily disabling your antivirus or firewall to check whether this determines the issue.

if you have a logitech web cam, try disconnecting. or any other logitech equipment drivers.

if its android, then its likely a bad update which will no doubt get fixed
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

No trouble here with Google Chrome on Windows 10 and just as well, because I wouldn't know what to do if it did.

I'm Shaun.

The main problem is firing up Google Chrome as within a few seconds it crashes. After that Win 10 fails to operate correctly and a reboot is needed. Even Microsoft Edge won't run correctly after Chrome crashes. This has all happened since the last major update of Win 10. I have been checking and there are reports of this all over the net.

I'm Grant.

could be a problem with chrome, or a driver being used that isnt now working. as i said some logitech drivers have been found to cause this but there may be others
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast