+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: denon DP80

I'm Peter.

Ian, that looks very pretty and professionally finished.
    Obviously as this is a second TT what would you recommend.... DIY or professional build.

At the moment and although I have "not to scale plinth cutout drawings" do you know of any scale drawings that I might be able to download. Very difficult to find.

Obviously, I have the deck here, so can measure everything but turning that into a cad drawing is not my bag.

I'm beginning to get a bit more info and some individuals that are willing to build this plinth..... something like Paul's would be fab... but not to be.(far too expensive)

It will have to be a fruit box design hopefully in Piano Black or High Gloss Veneer.

I can get all the CNC cutting done locally, but they insist on CAD drawings, which I don't have.

Just for info, this will eventually be paired with a Dynavector DV507 Mk II arm.

Any pearls of wisdom. Or it's back to the professionals.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Ian.

I don't think this is too difficult to DIY as basically it's a series of boards with a couple of holes in, one for the deck, one for the arm. My build is here plus a couple of other experiments I made on the way. Maybe you should start a fresh thread about your build.

http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/ind...?topic=24701.0

In the end I used Multiplex MU25 beech ply which is somewhere between ordinary ply and Panzerholtz in density but a lot cheaper than the latter!

http://www.ltlewis.co.uk/beech.htm

As to CAD drawings, for speakers I've built I've used Timbmet locally and they were always happy with a scale drawing showing clear dimensions so maybe you can find somewhere similar if you decide to go down this route. I'd still say it is more fun doing it yourself and you can always practise on something cheaper to get dimensions right.

Cheers, Ian

I'm paul.

Peter, it doesn't have to be a fruit box, I'm sure Ian's is solid in layers. The denon plinths are usually hollow with just the top to sit the turntable in. I made thin ply templates to mark out the ply layers of mine. I only needed two different cut outs. You can have layers cut out and glued together in a rectangle with a cut out for a removeable arm board.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Peter, it doesn't have to be a fruit box, I'm sure Ian's is solid in layers. The denon plinths are usually hollow with just the top to sit the turntable in. I made thin ply templates to mark out the ply layers of mine. I only needed two different cut outs. You can have layers cut out and glued together in a rectangle with a cut out for a removeable arm board.
    The Denon DP 80 Plinth

Well, four weeks to go..... it ain’t going to be a fruit box. Probably some 20/25kg of mixtures.

Acrylic/ Derlin / Ply / Lead / MDF / Alloy base.... if it works , wonderful. If it don’t, it was worth the adventure.

Can’t see why it wouldn’t work... all materials are high mass / high Damping properties. Mind you I’m not a TT designer.

We shall see !!!!

Watch this space......or not

Peter

I'm paul.

Look forward to seeing it and your thoughts
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Look forward to seeing it and your thoughts
    Not to be boring, but I did say I would send a couple of photo’s of the Denon Plinth.

The plinth is still with the builder (not due until the end of the week)

But this how it has panned out.....

Top plate - Acrylic 12mm
    Under plate - Derlin 25mm
    Two layers of Birch Ply 25mm each
    Bottom layer - MDF 18mm

Feet are Magnetic Levitation

Arm Board Acrylic ( adjustable for all arms up to 12”)

Just looking for a decent dust cover.

The arm cartridge combo will be the Dynavector DV507Mk II / Benz Wood SL

Hoping it will blow my Rock 7 to pieces (so I can sell one or the other)

We will see !

Peter

I'm paul.

Nice Peter, is it heavy? Look forward to your thoughts once up and running.

Bigman80 Guest

Very nice!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Very nice!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Just hope it works as expected. This has turned out to be a very expensive trial. Hay Ho......

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Just hope it works as expected. This has turned out to be a very expensive trial. Hay Ho......

Sorry, meant to say YES ,,,,,,, very heavy about 18 kg. ( about as much as the mag levitation feet will tolerate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast