+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technics linear tracking turntable repairs

I'm Ifor.

Default Technics linear tracking turntable repairs

Does anyone know anyone in the UK who is good at servicing and repairing Technics linear trackers?

Bigman80 Guest

Phonomac of this parish does work with SP10 and SP15's. He may be able to help

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm nigel.

whats the problem ?
    if its a nonoperative arm, chances are the culprit will be a disintegrated rubber drive belt.

I recently restored a kenwood linear TT...scavenged a replacement belt from a computer cd drive....a perfect match!!

good luck...NIGE.

I'm Ifor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Phonomac of this parish does work with SP10 and SP15's. He may be able to help

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

I'm Ifor.

Quote Originally Posted by sumday View Post
    whats the problem ?
    if its a nonoperative arm, chances are the culprit will be a disintegrated rubber drive belt.

I recently restored a kenwood linear TT...scavenged a replacement belt from a computer cd drive....a perfect match!!

good luck...NIGE.
    That's what I thought the problem was. I've replaced the belt and now the platter won't even rotate!

I'm nigel.

not sure about your platter problem, the drive belt I was talking about is a small o ring style item.
    this is located in the drive mech installed into the lid.....I'm assuming your TT is this type....SL5, 7 10 etc

NIGE.

I'm Ifor.

Quote Originally Posted by sumday View Post
    not sure about your platter problem, the drive belt I was talking about is a small o ring style item.
    this is located in the drive mech installed into the lid.....I'm assuming your TT is this type....SL5, 7 10 etc

NIGE.
    Yes, it's of that type and I've replaced the belt. It might now be fine, but without the platter turning I can't find out.

I'm Matthew.

I can recommend Mike Powell. mpavservice.co.uk 01204 396199.

This gentleman is Technics trained, and fixed my Technics SL7 at the turn of the year
    "The hi-fi fraternity is bizarre, full of dangerous amateurs" Tim de Paravicini Audio Magazine 1995
    "Objective measurements in audio are primary, but they are useless unless they have been subjectively validated as predictors of musical accuracy Edgar Villchur Stereophile 2005
    " What we cannot measure, we do not know" Lord Rayleigh

I'm Ifor.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipitydawg View Post
    I can recommend Mike Powell. mpavservice.co.uk 01204 396199.

This gentleman is Technics trained, and fixed my Technics SL7 at the turn of the year
    Thank you. You are the second to suggest Mike Powell to me and I have been in contact with him. I didn't know he was Technics trained and your SL-7 experience makes the recommendation of particular interest. However, for better or worse, for geographical reasons I dropped off an SL-DL1 and an SL-QL1 at Electrofix in Bristol yesterday. Fingers crossed, but I sort of wish I had received your message a day earlier.

I'm Matthew.

Quote Originally Posted by ifor View Post
    Thank you. You are the second to suggest Mike Powell to me and I have been in contact with him. I didn't know he was Technics trained and your SL-7 experience makes the recommendation of particular interest. However, for better or worse, for geographical reasons I dropped off an SL-DL1 and an SL-QL1 at Electrofix in Bristol yesterday. Fingers crossed, but I sort of wish I had received your message a day earlier.
    I had a brief squint at Electrofix's web site. IMHO it looks as though you're in safe hands. Never even knew they existed. If I remember and am ever in Bristol, I'd be tempted to visit their shop.
    "The hi-fi fraternity is bizarre, full of dangerous amateurs" Tim de Paravicini Audio Magazine 1995
    "Objective measurements in audio are primary, but they are useless unless they have been subjectively validated as predictors of musical accuracy Edgar Villchur Stereophile 2005
    " What we cannot measure, we do not know" Lord Rayleigh

+ Reply to Thread