Im getting a real Bee in my Bonnet about this portion of the water bill because for a convoluted reason Ive never had to pay it before.

Essentially its £100 per year for rainwater flowing into a highway drain because they need money to pay for "dealing with it". I thought it just flows from the gutters down the pipe into the sewers...flushes them out

They dont even have the decency to bury it in the making a profit on water services. It seems to be a licence to print money or a licenced mugging I dont care where the rainwater flows and I dont care about highway drains. I will buy a canoe Surely thats their problem or tax motor vehicles more I dont care if they go surfing on it. Its an act of nature and surely beyond my responsibility.

If they want to play it like that, it may never rain for months although I accept that is highly unlikely in the UK.

talk some sense into me guys. I know youre all paying it but dont you question this nonsense as we are just paying billions into their drain network to cope with an act beyond my control.

Before you tell me that people dont have to pay with their own off flow, soak up land systems...who actually has that beyond farmers and large landownwers?.......also why are flats paying the same for the same roofspace?

Bugs me but Ive had the nasty letter and will just pay up like a good little boy
Try and calm me down