+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I emailed my wife at work

I'm Mike.

Default So I emailed my wife at work

It went as follows......

Me:

"Thinking of selling off my turntable and just using Streaming to listen to music using the iPad to control everything.

Do you have any objections to me selling the turntable and my record collection?"

Wife:

"Why would you want to sell it all I like having the records I think it sounds completely different to CDs or on another system."

She talks a lot of sense that woman

I'm Dan.

One in a million their son keep hold of her...
    Main System
    Linn Classik Pre Amplifier , Linn LK85 Power Amplifier , Musical Fidelity E50 Tuner , Pioneer PDS 505 Precision CD Player , Pioneer PDS 703 CD Player , Audio Note ANJ/D Speakers Cables Van Del Hul Speaker Cables , Linn Interconnects , Cable Talk , Cambridge Yellow Pacific ,
    Vinyl -
    Rega Planer 2 with Rega Britain Green 250 Tonearm & Upgraded Van Den Hul Oil Bearing & Ortofon Super OM-10

Second System:
    Technics - SU-C909U Pre-Amplifier & SE-A909S Power Amplifier & Technics ST-GT 1000 Tuner & Pioneer PDS 505 Precision player & Thorens TD-125 MK1 Turntable & SME 3009 Series 1 & Shure V15 Type II Cartridge & SME 2000 Plinth & Celestion A compact Speakers , Monster Speaker Cable , Cambridge Audio Atlantic Yellow Interconnects.

Spare Kit
    Quad 33/303 , Creek 6060 , NAD 3020 Original , Cambridge P40 , Luxman 507X , Pioneer SA 6300 , Linn Tukan , Sony ES 308 , , Ariston RD40/80's Yamaha CR 820 , Sony TA 88 , Tannoy 615 MK2's

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    One in a million their son keep hold of her...
    ...or an unselfish woman, who genuinely cares for her husband and his happiness, not just hers - i.e. a proper wife! No man should marry less.

But yes, as Dan says, Mike, she's a goody, so hold onto her

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ...or an unselfish woman, who genuinely cares for her husband and his happiness, not just hers - i.e. a proper wife! No man should marry any less.

But yes, as Dan says, Mike, she's a goody, so hold onto her

Marco.
    You're exactly right Marco, I don't know what I'd do without her

Probably buy a Sonos connect

I'm Loz.

You know what Mike I said something along those lines to my wife recently. Her answer was 'No way too many good nights in playing records for that to happen'! She doesn't share my anal retentivness about it all but definitely gets a kick out of the records and turntable as do a fair few of our female friends. Maybe it's not so male centric after all.
    Thorens TD160. Denon DL-110. Arcam DV137. RPI with Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC and Chromecast Audio.
    Firebottle +. Arcam Delta 60. Adam Audio Artist 5 and Kef Reference 103. MS Audio/Klotz MC5000 and Fisual Hollywood Dark Twist.

I'm Richard.

Has she an identical twin?
    R

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonky View Post
    Has she an identical twin?
    R
    Now ya talkin'!
    Thorens TD160. Denon DL-110. Arcam DV137. RPI with Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC and Chromecast Audio.
    Firebottle +. Arcam Delta 60. Adam Audio Artist 5 and Kef Reference 103. MS Audio/Klotz MC5000 and Fisual Hollywood Dark Twist.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Just asked my partner the same question: "Do you think I should sell my records?". Answer: "No, of course not - they are your pleasure".

(The question was academic, as I have absolutely no intention of selling them. But it was nice to have a response similar to that from mikeyb's wife.)
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I guess it's as good a test as any, as to whether or not your 'chosen one' is worthy of the position!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Dennis.

I'm about to have a T shirt printed with "Still seeking Authenticity" on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast