+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cartridge alignment

Bigman80 Guest

Default Cartridge alignment

Hi all,

Been having an experiment with cartridge alignment and printed off a few different protractors. This was brought about by some ssssssssibilance which hadn't been present previously. It's my own fault as i didn't realign the cart properly after i removed the arm for a bit of recent fettling.

After a few attempts and listening to a few tracks, the best results i have found were with a Mirrored protractor i found on ebay. Now this is probably down to me rather than the other protractors i tried so my question is,

What are you using and can i borrow it lol.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

You can borrow my Dr Feickert if you like. Best I've used except for the smart tractor, which is the best you can get AFAIK.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm jamie.

download the conrad hoffman arc protractor mate,print your own
    http://conradhoffman.com/TemplateGen.zip
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    You can borrow my Dr Feickert if you like. Best I've used except for the smart tractor, which is the best you can get AFAIK.
    Cheers Ali, I'll try the one Jamie suggests and if still no joy I'll get in touch if that's ok?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes no problem.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Bigman80 Guest

Ok guys, After a bit of playing around with number etc, i came across the vinyl engine calculator which produced these results:

pic 1.JPGpic 2.JPGPic 3.JPG

Am i to presume Lofgren B is the best alignment?

I'm Deleted.

Default Cartridge alignment

It depends, they are all a balance of compromises. However, in this case I would say yes unless you really want to minimise end of side distortion.
    Account Deleted

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    It depends, they are all a balance of compromises. However, in this case I would say yes unless you really want to minimise end of side distortion.
    I suppose that makes sense as the inner grooves are the hardest. Maybe i'll just try all threse options lol

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yep just go with what sounds best to your ears.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Yep just go with what sounds best to your ears.
    CD?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast