+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tron Convergence MC Phonostage auditioned

Bigman80 Guest

Yes there was a price recently quoted at £1800 for a built one with the last remaining boards. I wish i had the funds!!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    You should see the latest resistors from the USA I think Simon chose some with 0.01% tolerance.
    Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Those would be the Texas Instrument Z-foils
    sweet christmas! It's just not fair!!!! lol, I am hoping to get a home demo of the Longdog Jfet soonish, probably next month, I'd love an A/B comparison.

I'm Jez.

As I mentioned elsewhere the other day I am planning on making an MC only phono stage which uses the same operating principle as the Paradise... which operates in a completely different manner to all other phono stages other than the Pink Triangle "PIP" (to the best of my knowledge no other units using the principle exist anyway). I also independently "invented" the same thing about 20 years ago and built and sold several very good phono stages which are still in use today using the idea.
    It is already designed at computer simulation level and sim results look very good. I intend that it will be a two box unit at around £800-£1000 starting price. All circuitry is of my own design and this is not intended to be a "Paradise clone" but a design in it's own right which uses the same operating principle as the Paradise and Pink Triangle PIP.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    As I mentioned elsewhere the other day I am planning on making an MC only phono stage which uses the same operating principle as the Paradise... which operates in a completely different manner to all other phono stages other than the Pink Triangle "PIP" (to the best of my knowledge no other units using the principle exist anyway). I also independently "invented" the same thing about 20 years ago and built and sold several very good phono stages which are still in use today using the idea.
    It is already designed at computer simulation level and sim results look very good. I intend that it will be a two box unit at around £800-£1000 starting price. All circuitry is of my own design and this is not intended to be a "Paradise clone" but a design in it's own right which uses the same operating principle as the Paradise and Pink Triangle PIP.
    I did read that JeZ and intended to comment but got distracted. It's certainly something id like to hear. I'll google the PIP as i hadn't heard of it previously!

I'm Deleted.

Default Tron Convergence MC Phonostage auditioned

The PIP was a novel design by Pink Triangle and used what, I believe, is called transconductance circuitry. Unfortunately it suffered from a bit of unreliability and they are now very rare.
    -------
    Another excellent stage I have had the pleasure of listening to was a valve hybrid design that Jez built a year or so ago. I believe only one of these was constructed which is a shame as it was really very good (very low self noise too).
    Account Deleted

I'm Jez.

The PIP was a novel design by Pink Triangle and used what, I believe, is called transconductance circuitry. Unfortunately it suffered from a bit of unreliability and they are now very rare.
    -------
    Another excellent stage I have had the pleasure of listening to was a valve hybrid design that Jez built a year or so ago. I believe only one of these was constructed which is a shame as it was really very good (very low self noise too).
    Yup spot on. That valve hybrid uses the same method but not in as purist a way as the Paradise or PIP as valve circuitry is limited by not having PNP valves available! An improved but MM version of that hybrid is under construction for a customer as the phono stage part of a complete pre amp at the moment.... which is what is temporarily causing this new phono stage of which I speak to remain vapour ware until the paying job is finished!

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

Bigman80 Guest

Earn first mate, Golden rule !!!!!

I'm Deleted.

Default Tron Convergence MC Phonostage auditioned

Jez, if your new design achieves anything like the performance of the Paradise (and I've no reason to believe it won't) then it will be the audio bargain of the century at £800.00-£1,000.00
    Account Deleted

Bigman80 Guest

Jez, if your new design achieves anything like the performance of the Paradise (and I've no reason to believe it won't) then it will be the audio bargain of the century at £800.00-£1,000.00
    +1

That's why I'm eager to hear it!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Jez.

That's what I'm hoping!

Edit: Apparently there may be an LFD phono stage with the same technology.
    Last edited by Arkless Electronics; 12-08-2017 at 16:21.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast