+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: F/S J Sound Labs 300b power amp.

I'm Jonathan.

Too much kit sitting around doing nothing so back up for sale as of today.

I'm Jonathan.

Bump.

lordmortlock Guest

Fantastic amp.

I know I've said it a hundred times but I'll never part with mine. Surprisingly punchy, superb tone, wonderful bass and the most wonderful open, holographic, room filling soundstage.

I'm Edward.

Does anyone have the specs of this beautifully looking amp? What is the minimum speaker sensitivity and recommended matching? Are schematics available in case, heaven forbid, any repairs are required later on? It seems that J Sound Labs of Israel are no longer in business (but my searches may be duff).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

lordmortlock Guest

I've got them all somewhere Edward, ping me a pm with your email addy and I'll hunt them out. It's 8w output, Most of the speakers I've owned over the years have been 88db sensitivity or higher and an easy load, but I know Jon has used his with gamuts and mine sound pretty bloody good with mark and Daniel topaz stand mounts.

lordmortlock Guest

I'm Edward.

Many thanks Jake. Need to give this some serious thoughts. I just about managed to get my new speakers past the boss two weeks ago, getting yet another amp past her may be pushing it.

The amp looks really yummy.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Jonathan.

Jake - many thanks for your input/help in respect of supplying Edward the link with the amp. specs. I am aware how highly you regard this little gem of an amp. and I have to agree with all your positive comments about its performance.
    Edward - 'yummy' , although far from being a highly technical term does sum up the J Sound Labs amp rather well IMO.

lordmortlock Guest

Anytime chaps!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Many thanks Jake. Need to give this some serious thoughts. I just about managed to get my new speakers past the boss two weeks ago, getting yet another amp past her may be pushing it.

The amp looks really yummy.
    Ooh what speakers did you get?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast