+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beatles in Mono on vinyl......??

I'm Ralph.

Default Beatles in Mono on vinyl......??

.....well yes according to Mickey Fremers' website MUSICANGLE. Start saving boys and girls.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Cut from the digital master no doubt...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Because the type was quite small Dave (DSJR), I've copied and pasted it to make it more legible.

A high quality vinyl edition of The Beatles Mono box, a surprise hit for EMI on CD, is in pre-production at Abbey Road, a well-placed source told musicangle.com today. The records are being cut from the analogue master tapes, we've been told. A stereo set is also planned but that may be generated from the 192K/24 bit files in order to keep the reissues consistent among the formats. There is also a 24 bit 44.1K USB stick-based edition enclosed within a green metal apple. That one sound better than the 16 bit CD edition as you may well imagine. Stay tuned for further developments!
    Chris

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Thanks for transferring the text over

I'm surprised that they've fetched the "crown jewels" out from storage to do this again, but they must see a profit in it..

The USB stick version looks interesting to me, although in time they'll be available to download I suspect when we have super-fast internet speeds. They could be made available as FLAC style DVD's now IMO...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Philip.

Just ordered the USB stick from Amazon. I'll let you know what its like when I get it.
    Main Sys. N.A.S DAIS; 12" Ace Space , Benz Micro Wood SL, Timesteep T-01MC, Quad Platinum DMP, Quad Platinum Pre, FM4,Quad Platinum Stereo, Quad ESL 63, PRC4 RCM, Chord XLR, Mark Grant G1000HD, Black Mamba's. Stax SRM600 SR507
    AVCambridge audio Blu-ray player, Pioneer SC-LX 57 Front 2 channels switched into Quad 606 Powering the ESL63s. Rear powering Celestion Speakers, LFE 2 cheap subwoffers.
    Man-cave Sys. A. GL75, RB300, ZYX R100H, Rega Planer 3, RB200, Rega Carbon Elys II,Quad 34, 606, Tangent RS4.
    Man-cave Sys. B. Revox A77, Akai 400D, Sugdon A48II, JPW Monitors.
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=341
    Classic Sys. Garrard 301, SME M2-9R, Benz Micro Wood SL, Quad Vena, 303, FM3, AM3. ESL 57. Quad II, 22, FM2 Rega Planet. Rega Phono
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=403
    Headphones, Stax SR507 (x2) /SRM600 Limited, Sennhieser HD424, Sennhieser HD558, AKGK105UHF, Beyerdynamic DT 931, Beyerdynamic DT231, Etymotic ER4 micropro.

I'm Philip.

Post The Beatles USB Review

Well where to start.

Well its looks and feels great well made and heavy. Mine arrived with the stem intact so we were off to a good start. I stuck the stick into my wife’s laptop and copied the entire contents onto an external hard drive.

Let me first say I’m not totally geared up for digital playback not having a proper Hi-Fi DAC. I connected the laptop to my Yamaha AV amp via the optical o/p. The front pre out of the amp is connected to my Quad 606 power amp & ESL 63’s.

I used Foobar 2000 to play the FLAC files.

The overall sound quality is very good, it like removing several veiled layers from the recording. My daughter described it as cold, but I think that’s because it was just so clear.

The stereo sound took a lot of getting used to, as all my original LP’s and CD’s are mono.

I’ve listened to most of the albums now thru my main system and my Ipod, some at 320 mp3 and some converted from the FLAC to Apple Lossless, and I can say I have heard something new on most if not all of the tracks.

I think its good value if you take into account you can make a set of CD’s out of it as well.

I’m quite pleased I did not get the boxed CD set, I will get the mono LP set if and when it comes out, mainly because as I was only 11 or 12 when I got my LP’s and they were played on everything from auto changers, to Garrard SP25 Mk3 to GL75 etc and are showing their age.
    Main Sys. N.A.S DAIS; 12" Ace Space , Benz Micro Wood SL, Timesteep T-01MC, Quad Platinum DMP, Quad Platinum Pre, FM4,Quad Platinum Stereo, Quad ESL 63, PRC4 RCM, Chord XLR, Mark Grant G1000HD, Black Mamba's. Stax SRM600 SR507
    AVCambridge audio Blu-ray player, Pioneer SC-LX 57 Front 2 channels switched into Quad 606 Powering the ESL63s. Rear powering Celestion Speakers, LFE 2 cheap subwoffers.
    Man-cave Sys. A. GL75, RB300, ZYX R100H, Rega Planer 3, RB200, Rega Carbon Elys II,Quad 34, 606, Tangent RS4.
    Man-cave Sys. B. Revox A77, Akai 400D, Sugdon A48II, JPW Monitors.
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=341
    Classic Sys. Garrard 301, SME M2-9R, Benz Micro Wood SL, Quad Vena, 303, FM3, AM3. ESL 57. Quad II, 22, FM2 Rega Planet. Rega Phono
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=403
    Headphones, Stax SR507 (x2) /SRM600 Limited, Sennhieser HD424, Sennhieser HD558, AKGK105UHF, Beyerdynamic DT 931, Beyerdynamic DT231, Etymotic ER4 micropro.

+ Reply to Thread