+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kef Caprice II (Ls3/5a with bass);-)

I'm Duncan.

Default Kef Caprice II (Ls3/5a with bass);-)

Here is my spare pair of Kef Caprice II loudspeakers in good condition.
    There are a couple of very small screw holes on the back panel which don't appear to penetrate.
    One has a badge missing.

I have three pairs of these, one pair in my main system and another upstairs on a pc system.
    My main pair I have upgraded the wiring, crossover boards the capacitors with Mundorfs and the bass inductor to compensate for the polypropylenes. Sound very good indeed.
    The upstairs pair I have changed the capacitors like for like only ie bipolar electrolytics from Falcon Acoustics.

This spare pair are totally original untouched, and still sound very good.

Info from the Kef Museum:

Caprice II (1981-85)
    The Caprice II was the logical successor to the Corelli, offering very good performance at the critical mid-price level. It used the same drivers as the

Reference Model 103.2 but with a more basic cabinet and crossover. It continued in the line of high performance but affordable bookshelf

loudspeakers offering impressive realism from a compact two-way enclosure. The system could be easily located to give good tonal balance and

sharp stereo images in generous sized rooms. The new 8in bass driver used the proven bextrene cone for low colouration and also utilised the new

technique of driver decoupling – whereby the chassis is screwed into the cabinet via soft rubber mountings to reduce the transmission of chassis

vibrations into the cabinet structure. In common with the majority of KEF’s closed box designs at the time the bass response was tuned to a third-

order characteristic by the inclusion of extra components into the crossover network.

Specification: Caprice II
    System Type: Two-way, bookshelf/stand-mount
    Enclosure type: Closed box
    Size: 470 x 280 x 217mm (18.5 x 11 x 8.5 inches)
    Weight: 8.3kg (18 lb)
    Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
    Rated maximum power: 100W programme
    Frequency response: 68-20,000Hz +/-2.5dB at 2m on design axis (-10dB at 42Hz and 30kHz)
    Sensitivity: 86dB at 1m for a pink noise input of 1W (anechoic conditions)
    Maximum output: 106dB on programme peaks under typical listening conditions
    Finishes: Simulated walnut veneer
    Grille: Textile
    System: SP3001
    Drive units: B200 bass unit (SP1075), T33 tweeter (SP1074)
    Crossover: SP2007

Brochure- http://www.kef.com/uploads/files/en/...Caprice_II.pdf
    Installation Instructions- http://www.kef.com/uploads/files/en/...structions.pdf

Original Box is tatty but usable.

£50 plus £15 postage. For a piece of history

I'm Duncan.

SOLD

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread