+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need recommendations on closed back headphones please

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by tim1750 View Post
    Hi all I need recommendations on closed back headphone priced up to £160.00 please
    Any insight would be useful, i'm into folk, rock, heavy rock and anything that has good vocals
    Happy listening*
    Great deal on Sony MDR-V6 here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mdr-V6-Ligh.../dp/B00001WRSJ
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Lawrence.

As I recommended to Jerry, fostex t50rp, he loves them and you'd save yourself a few quid too.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    As I recommended to Jerry, fostex t50rp, he loves them and you'd save yourself a few quid too.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

Tim, I'd be happy to loan you .... B&O H6, AKG 551 (which are the same as 550 & 553).
    No you can't borrow the Fostex, I use them pretty much every day!

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Great with most music tbh. Eva Cassidy sounds sublime
    I'm really seriously thinking of saving up and getting the oppo' 3's because I have a pair of PSB m4u2's that will service for rock music for now and will use the oppo's for vocal stuff,(John Martyn, Nick Drake etc What do you think Grant, anyone else have the oppo's what's your opinions ?.

I'm Tim.

Thanks for the offer Jerry but I think i'm going to go for the Oppo'3s

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Thanks for the info Neil

I'm Grant.

A few. Clive had a pair for sale here. Dunno if they sold. He liked them too but had the bigger ones too. One thing is imo they need a amp to get best out of
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A few. Clive had a pair for sale here. Dunno if they sold. He liked them too but had the bigger ones too. One thing is imo they need a amp to get best out of
    Do you know what handle Clive goes under Grant ?. ignore that question mate I don't have the money right now

I'm Neil.

Hmm you know you could even get a used STAX Basic or Lambda setup if you are interested in vocals. They rule in this area, even the bottom of the range bargains will kill expensive dynamic or planar headphones for nuance and air.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by tim1750 View Post
    Do you know what handle Clive goes under Grant ?. ignore that question mate I don't have the money right now
    clive197 for future ref
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast