Having added a second set of Taket Batpure supertweeters to my system, and having tweaked my VTA slightly, I feel that my HiFi journey is now on the finishing straight, getting close to the end. It is nearing the time to sit back and enjoy what I have and listen to more music. Realistically speaking it is going to take some serious cash (or lucky purchases) to improve on what I have. Yes, there are still the "I wonder" moments where I fancy trying something else, only to find it is no better, just different. The only thing still niggling away at me is the speakers. The Electric Beach FH3s are very good, but sometimes I feel myself wanting a bit more slam/depth (did someone mention Edingdales?).

Since I joined AoS 5 years ago, a lot has changed.
I have gone from playing nothing but CD, to almost nothing but vinyl.
A few new components have come and gone.
I have played with cables until I found how good the Klotz MC5000 and the Sommer CarboKab 225 are, and stopped looking.
I have meddled with speaker cables, making some good DIY ones, before changing speakers and using some good quality copper cable.
Cartridges have gone from MM to MC and back again, with a few coming and going, leaving me a nice selection to suit all moods and moments.
The TT has gone from one of the most common decks available to something pretty unique and to something I really like the sound of.
I have changed my opinion on how important power is, and that mains cables can make a difference. I would never have believed it if I hadn't tried it for myself.

Although I know that there is always something better out there, I have got to the point where I just don't care anymore.
Most importantly though, I have learnt a lot from my time here, and I thank you for your patience.

During my time here at AoS, I have made new friends and acquaintances. Don't get me wrong, this is not a farewell, more of a "à bientôt".
I will drop in from time to time, just to say hello and catch up on the news.