+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EBay - maybe I've just been scammed

I'm Clive.

For a single LP I've been asked whether I want the LP removing from the sleeve so it's doesn't burst the sleeve (as often happens). For a box set I'm not so sure but maybe the risk of bursts is even higher due to the weight involved. It's always best to ask to avoid difficult situations.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm James.

[QUOTE=montesquieu;887452]Bizzare what's the point of owning a record if you don't play it?
    I think some collectors like a mint/sealed copy and one to play
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Ive seen vinyl carefully placed in a separate paper and card liner but when it was already opened. There is no need to open a boxset unless in someway the seller felt it was rattling around in there. On the upside it may be a very careful seller worried about the records and liners.

Doesnt look ideal and I would have canceled without a full explanation...do you want my story about a card item sent curled round in half a (still wet) washing up bottle? I know thats an extreme example but its what some sellers get up to when they have their own ideas.

For the price you want things right. You payed for sealed and now you have no crucial indicator if the inners have been swapped. Just on that level if the vinyl is marked you have to assume the worst with no real proof. I would start taking notes for an ebay case.

Im a glass half empty kinda guy though and it may be the best packaging you have ever seen. Its the uncertainty that bothers me so try and get a full explanation
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 09-08-2017 at 16:08.

I'm Adrian.

I've taken screen grabs of the listing. Here's the message conversation I've had when him, though it's in reverse order. I'm not sure why he uses 'we' - he hasn't any other listings at the moment. He doesn't accept returns but if it's not as described he doesn't have an option I think.

Nuevo mensaje de:*inky-basement*(454
    Trust me, I released this box-set and this is the ...

Nuevo mensaje de:*inky-basement*(454)

Trust me, I released this box-set and this is the safest way to deliver it via courier.

atb Ian

Responder

TÚ:

Ok I kind of get that but as it's the vinyl im worried about I would have thought it would be better protected in its original box also so that it was doubled boxed/ packaged. Ok, thanks for getting it off and I'll let you know how it arrives and plays - it's already not as described (sealed) but I've been watching for this set to come up for 6 months or more so will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Adey

inky-basement:

It is brand new. As the three vinyl LPs are 180gm each, we've found that they can damage the inside of the*
    box-set when shipped.
    all the best, Ian

TÚ:

Ok thanks, though I'd have preferred it sealed as advertised. I'm trusting that it hasn't been played.
    Adey

inky-basement:

Hello Adey, the box-set is on its way. As it's being shipped abroad, I've opened it, checked it and packed the vinyl separately in case of damage in transit.
    All best, Ian

BORIS BLANK ‘ELECTRIFIED’ BOX-SET SEALED (NEW) YELLO
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm jamie.

also i would call ebay and make them aware,ask them to look at the message history,you then have it on record if you need to open a buyers dispute,im inclined to smell a rat and cancel the sale,its already as you sale not as described.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

The message history is on record anyway. I've had a few chats with ebay in the past and they have viewed related messages during queries.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Simon.

100% feedback is hard to keep going, there's always one idiot to spoil it, so he's obviously careful.

Ask yourself this, what you rather, receive a damaged record that was damaged in production, or receive one in a box that has been opened, checked and seen to be perfect?

He's done you a favour, don't get hung up on the single thing that doesn't matter to you.

if it has been played it will obvious.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm James.

if it has been played it will obvious.[/QUOTE]

Not always, i gave most of my vinyl away some time ago hardly used, no sign of use at all, utter mint, not sealed but it was bought from a shop , ah.those were the days....
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Youve had the correspondence so that seems fine to me. In my experience its only a worry when you cant get a response or much of one. There is an explanation there so no real worries if you were going to open it anyway

He seems a careful seller and knows you are paypal protected.

I have a couple of classical boxsets and they generally seem to be packed in with a thick 12" booklet on top. I have never had a boxset by post but suppose there is room for movement and burst sleeves.

I sometimes raid boxsets for the poly lined paper liners

I'm Graham.

Feel bad about sending you that link now,hope it all works out fine,keep us posted.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast