+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indoor security cameras - any recommendations?

I'm Steve.

Default Indoor security cameras - any recommendations?

We've decided that for peace of mind when out of the house we might give indoor CCTV a go, but looking on Amazon there's so much stuff there I soon lost interest in the idea. So in keeping with my customary laziness I'm wondering if anyone here has done all the research and ended up with something worth having.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

a dog
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

I have two exterior cameras, as I figured a visible deterrent is better than one that alerts you when someone is already in your house. I went for Reolink Argus PT, as they are WiFi, and the battery is charged by a solar panel, so no holes to drill through walls.

My thinking being that if I have cameras, and a neighbour doesn’t, my house is likely to be lower down the list.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

Bloke down the road from me installed an external security camera. Somebody nicked it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Bloke down the road from me installed an external security camera. Somebody nicked it.
    Now that's what I call ironic!

Since the object is deterrence, why not fit a 'dummy' camera?
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Cameras are a waste of time, they don't stop robberies or burglaries.

Image on most of them is so crap at night that there's no way you could identify anyone.

Burglars aren't afraid of them, they still steal your car/motorbike or whatever, whilst waving at your camera.

I'm Martin.

dummy alarm, dummy camera, and a good warning sign.

This one comes across as suitably psycho:

Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Plus a cushion in front of the display on the VCR ofc.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Greg.

Indeed. Cameras, unless monitored 24/7 as a tool for prevention are a money spinning racket. Any image captured on a camera then needs to be of sufficient quality for recognition and then will mainly only be circulated to a few local police officers at a daily briefing. If no recognition, it stops there. If there is recognition and an arrest follows, the original image quality must be sufficient to convince a bench of magistrates or a jury that the neatly turned person in the dock is Johnny Burglar! Keeping the burglar out should be the objective and there are plenty of cheap options to make your property uninviting. That won’t include a Ring door bell camera. Nothing better for informing Johnny that your house is unoccupied!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Plus a cushion in front of the display on the VCR ofc.
    Didn't work for us. While enjoying a weekend in the Lake District in 1985 (this I know because I bought Scritti Politti's Cupid & Psyche '85 album in Bowness), some scrote was helping himself to my nearly-new VCR. He was thoughtful enough to leave the cushion behind, which was part of a matching set.
    Last edited by Pigmy Pony; 28-02-2024 at 23:06.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast