+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a load of Schiit!!

I'm Shane.

Default What a load of Schiit!!

Just kidding!

But seriously, their products show excellent value for money.

You get superb build quality. The inside always looks refined, and very well put together. Even their ''entry level'' offerings are all well made, inside/out.

The brand certainly gets a big fat thumbs up from me.

Well done.

S.

I'm Richard.

I just have the pre-amp (Saga), but agree they seem well designed and sound good (especially for the money).

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-and-Rpi-notes

Richard.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agree - but can someone tell me the correct way to pronounce the name?
    Barry

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Agree - but can someone tell me the correct way to pronounce the name?

Exactly the same as shit, Barry.

S.

Taken from the schiit.com site:

Yes, that is our name. Shih-tah. It's a proud German name, host to a long line of audio engineers who slaved away in crumbling Teutonic fortresses as lightning lashed ...

So like "cheetah" but with an "Sh" instead of a "ch", as in 'Sheeter'.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

its still shit to me
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Taken from the schiit.com site:

Yes, that is our name. Shih-tah. It's a proud German name, host to a long line of audio engineers who slaved away in crumbling Teutonic fortresses as lightning lashed ...

So like "cheetah" but with an "Sh" instead of a "ch", as in 'Sheeter'.

Err, no - from the Home page of their website .....

"Yes, that is our name. Shih-tah. It's a proud German name, host to a long line of audio engineers who slaved away in crumbling Teutonic fortresses as lightning lashed the dark lands outside, working to perfect the best amplification devices in the world...

Or, well, no. Yep, Schiit is our name, and it's pronounced, well, like "hey man, that's some really good Schiit!" And now that we have your attention..."

http://www.schiit.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post

Err, no - from the Home page of their website .....

"Yes, that is our name. Shih-tah. It's a proud German name, host to a long line of audio engineers who slaved away in crumbling Teutonic fortresses as lightning lashed the dark lands outside, working to perfect the best amplification devices in the world...

Or, well, no. Yep, Schiit is our name, and it's pronounced, well, like "hey man, that's some really good Schiit!" And now that we have your attention..."

http://www.schiit.com/home
    So the correct pronounciation of Schiit is Schiit? That's about as banal and meaningless as May's "Brexit means Brexit"!
    Barry

I'm gone.

Well, I read that as intended to be pronounced as 'really good shit' - but hey, what do I know?

Never heard any of their stuff. I've been told by someone who knows my tastes that I would find it too laid back.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Well, I read that as intended to be pronounced as 'really good shit' - but hey, what do I know?

Never heard any of their stuff. I've been told by someone who knows my tastes that I would find it too laid back.

I use a Asgard 2. Laid back it isn't!! It sounds lucid and very tight. But very musical.

The Asgard slightly reminds me of Geoff's SM-70 amp.

S.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast