+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Wanted Audiolab 8000C pre amp.

  1. #1
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: North

    Posts: 2,510
    I'm Steve.

    Thumbs up Wanted Audiolab 8000C pre amp.

    In good working order at a reasonable price. Do you have one that you don't use and want to sell?
    WEBSITE.... www.theprogmeister.com

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: North

    Posts: 2,510
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Or similar with headphone and phono stage facility.
    WEBSITE.... www.theprogmeister.com

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with far away trains passing by...

    Posts: 14,378
    I'm David.

    Default

    I was going to suggest an 8000Q as it was so much better in transparency and 'musicality' too, but it ain't going to do what you want it to, is it?

    If it's to be a 'C.' please try to get a black cased one if possible, as they did get better as they went along I remember.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

  4. #4
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: North

    Posts: 2,510
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I was going to suggest an 8000Q as it was so much better in transparency and 'musicality' too, but it ain't going to do what you want it to, is it?

    If it's to be a 'C.' please try to get a black cased one if possible, as they did get better as they went along I remember.
    Cheers for that David. Just looking for a pre amp to use as a headphone amp with a turntable i use for late night listening. Also be handy to use with my old Proton power amp.
    WEBSITE.... www.theprogmeister.com

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 30,105
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Have you looked at the Chinese offerings? There's a 'Little Bear' valve unit that might do the job for peanuts: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Little-bea...gAAOSweW5VZfG4

    It runs a set of headphones and pre output to power amp is via 3.5mm jack socket. Leads to two phono plugs are easily available.
    Mr. Tact!

    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are ruled out. All that remain are lies and foolishness"


    Gear: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/one scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/two hefty Japanese DD TT's/hefty Japanese BD TT/smaller Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. One CD transport/3 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. One MD deck. One tuner. Two TVC pre-amps/two valve pre-amps/solid state pre-amp/passive pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

  6. #6
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: London/Durham

    Posts: 1,053
    I'm Lawrence.

    Default

    I'm sure I've seen a little headphone amp with phono stage for sale on one of the forums recently, I remember thinking how unusual it was.

  7. #7
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: North

    Posts: 2,510
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Not what i am looking for Geoff but cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Have you looked at the Chinese offerings? There's a 'Little Bear' valve unit that might do the job for peanuts: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Little-bea...gAAOSweW5VZfG4

    It runs a set of headphones and pre output to power amp is via 3.5mm jack socket. Leads to two phono plugs are easily available.
    WEBSITE.... www.theprogmeister.com

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: North

    Posts: 2,510
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Was it a Furutech?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I'm sure I've seen a little headphone amp with phono stage for sale on one of the forums recently, I remember thinking how unusual it was.
    WEBSITE.... www.theprogmeister.com

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #9
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: London/Durham

    Posts: 1,053
    I'm Lawrence.

    Default

    Yes that was it

  10. #10
    Join Date: Jun 2017

    Location: Cheshire / Norfolk

    Posts: 51
    I'm Tony.

    Default

    I'll be selling an 8100C shortly, if that's of any use?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •