+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Audiolab 8000C pre amp.

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up Wanted Audiolab 8000C pre amp.

In good working order at a reasonable price. Do you have one that you don't use and want to sell?

I'm Steve.

Or similar with headphone and phono stage facility.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I was going to suggest an 8000Q as it was so much better in transparency and 'musicality' too, but it ain't going to do what you want it to, is it?

If it's to be a 'C.' please try to get a black cased one if possible, as they did get better as they went along I remember.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I was going to suggest an 8000Q as it was so much better in transparency and 'musicality' too, but it ain't going to do what you want it to, is it?

If it's to be a 'C.' please try to get a black cased one if possible, as they did get better as they went along I remember.
    Cheers for that David. Just looking for a pre amp to use as a headphone amp with a turntable i use for late night listening. Also be handy to use with my old Proton power amp.

I'm Geoff.

Have you looked at the Chinese offerings? There's a 'Little Bear' valve unit that might do the job for peanuts: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Little-bea...gAAOSweW5VZfG4

It runs a set of headphones and pre output to power amp is via 3.5mm jack socket. Leads to two phono plugs are easily available.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

I'm sure I've seen a little headphone amp with phono stage for sale on one of the forums recently, I remember thinking how unusual it was.

I'm Steve.

Not what i am looking for Geoff but cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Have you looked at the Chinese offerings? There's a 'Little Bear' valve unit that might do the job for peanuts: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Little-bea...gAAOSweW5VZfG4

It runs a set of headphones and pre output to power amp is via 3.5mm jack socket. Leads to two phono plugs are easily available.

I'm Steve.

Was it a Furutech?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I'm sure I've seen a little headphone amp with phono stage for sale on one of the forums recently, I remember thinking how unusual it was.

I'm Lawrence.

Yes that was it

I'm Tony.

I'll be selling an 8100C shortly, if that's of any use?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast