+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grade 2 listed

I'm Martin.

If it is a listed building shouldn't it be up to English Heritage to authorise the work, rather than the local Council?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Clive.

English Heritage are usually involved. I'm sorry but if you have a listed building you've bought a property you need to maintain and restore as required. No matter what's been done to the property by other owners you have bought the liability of previous owners. It is a big responsibility.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Dave.

Maybe it's English heritage for Grade 1 and above but the Council oversee Grade 2.

Sometimes they can be very unreasonable but in this case, they are quite OK with us replacing like with like, if it's only two windows.

I'm Clive.

English Heritage get involved with Grade 2* and I've seen them involved sometimes on Grade 2....it can be the council ask their advice.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Dave.

Yes, we had a confirmation from the Council, that they wouldn't get interested in our replacing windows as they will be like for like and only two windows. If we were changing or adding, they would then want all sorts of info and visits.

I'm Damian.

Personally I would tread very carefully and get all the safeguards, ie written confirmations from both council and Heritage. They have a track record of taking little notice until after work is done then fining people!

I'm Dave.

Thanks for the advice. We do have their e-mails confirming they will allow replacement of two windows like for like, without having to jump through hoops.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12