+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Pat.

Default Hello

About time I said hello. Listen to most genres apart from rap. Started going to gigs in 1974 built KEF Concerto’s in 75 funded by my first month pay. Followed by a Connoisseur bd1 fitted with an arm designed/built by father’s friend which he gave a great demo of. The SME that replaced it eventually really made little difference. Listening to Zappa perverted my youth, too many loud gigs and sound engineer work ruined my ears. But neighbour’s dog barks loud often, so the deal is I play music loud! I have systems in every room and a DAC plus cans are always in my bag….

I'm Geoff.

Hi Pat. Welcome to AOS.

Have you been hiding from us? You joined a while ago.

So you had a Connoisseur BD1? Many of us did. I still have a couple, great little units.

Tell us what your main system is and what music you listen to these days.

As you know there's plenty of chat going on about all subjects, so just join in and have fun.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Welcome Pat. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Welcome to AOS, Pat.

Enjoy

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Pat.

I have been looking and learning

The BD1 was put back into service this Spring after a quick fiddle about fitting new rubber bands! Hooked up to Naim 92/90 and some Castle Severn 2. First play of vinyl in 20 plus years Might even make a nice new Beech plinth for it and purchase the improved motor mount.

Current main is Naim CD5x 150x 122x Flatcap 2x and PMC FB1. Beresford Caiman Mk2 .

Music: Indie, Folk, Blues, Rock, Electronic and some Jazz. Living in mid Essex I get to see a lot of live music and always try to support local events when I can.

I'm Geoff.

I recently restored/fettled a BD2 for a friend. It came up very well, almost like new.

It always puts a grin on my face using a BD1. That something looking that basic and simple and even crude if you like, can sound so good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Pat,

A lot of people started with a BD1 plus SME, or similar. There was one for sale at a boot fair I visited recently.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry (the Essex 'massive' continues to grow!)
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread