+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paying For The Rainwater Flowing Off My Roof?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    The rainwater goes down the drains with the sewage does it not?
    No. Surface water and foul sewage are generally kept separate. In some places there is a combined system where drains are common to both foul and surface water, but that is not the norm.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Also I don't think the water is organised like the trains in that they buy a franchise and have to renew it every so often. I think once it was sold it was a done deal. Might be wrong about that, though.
    Afraid you're right about being wrong here. Thames Water recently twisted Ofwat's arm claiming they needed certainty before investing further as their concession was up for renewal. Ofwat duly complied. If anyone is interested in this issue, have a read here
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I had a water meter fitted years ago and it's saved me a fortune on both incoming/outgoing water bills

Apparently if you have more bedrooms than people living in the house it is far cheaper to have a water meter fitted. I have one bedroom and one person, me!, and it still saved me loads of money
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I had a water meter fitted years ago
    Sounds rather painful!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    im lucky as my flat is covered by what is termed a soak away,the water company didnt tell me though,i had to do my own detective work.
    one neighbour of a house i did persued for many years a reduction in his water rates as all the rainwater goes into a soakway from all the houses . when i had some draingage work done last year he came and took pics of it running into a soakway

my dear old dad made it his lifes work and obsession to persue everyone about why he was charged by the water company for sewage when everything went into a septic tank . in fact we could not pull the chain every time and he ran bath water etc out via pipes into back garden !! he had letters from many famous politician like enoch powell . wish i had kept them !!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123