+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Vinyl's Boom Is Over

I'm Grant.

there is always going to be a limit to the amount of vinyl out there just because of supply alone. But there is going to be a limit to the numbers of folk who buy as well. the growth has to level off somewhere, and probably at some point retract a bit after the initial thrill for many of the buyers.
    the increase in production recently shows its not regarded as a flash in the pan
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

That is one of the surprises of new vinyl, the quality is way up! So are the prices, but there's nothing like a new 180 or 200g record! Feels good in the hand, and plays so silent in the background. Only time will tell how they will hold up compared to old records, but I'm guessing they will outlast them.

And while many new artists are selling their music on vinyl, many are not. I am truly surprised at the number of existing labels that have been re-released on vinyl, anything that was ever popular is now available. But concerning supply, if you include all of the old records for sale used these days, the supply is nearly endless! But this recent surge in interest of vinyl has driven the prices of used records up. About 7 years ago I was on a shopping spree, used records were one dollar to three dollars all day on eBay! I was spending a few hundred a month on records! Really fleshed out all those missing albums from my collection. Present and future purchases may level off, but I think vinyl is here to stay, too much invested to just stop. Vinyl survived all those years of CD production, refused to die, and if it can thrive in a world of internet downloads, it's not going away any time soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Deleted.

I've read quite a lot on audio forums where some people are complaining about the quality of new vinyl. However, I must be lucky with the artists that interest me because the quality is usually extremely good. The new 45rpm releases of Eno's first four albums are outstanding.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12