+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Ian.

Default Hello

Hi, I'm Ian from Bury Lancashire.
    Just starting to get back into vinyl again after many years.
    Dug my old Dual 505 out of the loft but found it had completely seized up.
    I have bought a Technics SL1210 MK2 with original arm and an AT91 to get me started.
    I am initially using it with a Naim Nait 3 with phono boards and Rega Ela speakers.
    I've been pleasantly surprised by it but I am looking to upgrade the arm and cartridge without spending silly money.
    Some advice/suggestions would be welcome.
    Ian

I'm Grant.

hi ian, welcome to the site. sure if you open a thread in right place you will get plenty advice
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Ian. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the right place for info on the Technics. If you haven't already, check out the Techipedia sub-forum: http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...he-Techiepedia

There's loads of other stuff going on here too. Take a look around and feel free to join in. The members are friendly!

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ian.

Default Hello

Thanks very much Grant and Geoff. Much appreciated.
    I hadn't seen that sub forum - it looks to have an amazing amount of information which is exactly what I'm after.
    Ian

I'm Nick.

Hi Ian! Welcome to AOS!
    I'm actually still a newbie, as I haven't really checked the AOS forum as much as I'd like.
    Congrats on your Tech 12 deck. I own one too, & they're such a wonderful table.
    Although I haven't done this myself as of yet, I believe a Jelco tonearm is a great upgrade, & I'm sure you'll hear that from many others too. Check out the Techipedia sub forum on AOS too. It's got so much information from
    "Tech 12 heads".
    KAB ( www.kabusa.com ) is a wonderful site in regards to everything regarding upgrades & mods for a Technics 1200/1210. The owner, Kevin is always extremely helpful & more than friendly. I can't possibly say enough good stuff about Kevin & KAB. He's also been at it for almost 30 yrs, so he obviously knows his stuff.
    All of the upgrades & mods he offers are of the finest quality & are also extremely inexpensive for what you are getting.
    What type(s) of cartridges have you been looking at?
    Enjoy your new turntable, Ian!

- Nick
    Last edited by hiwattnick; 26-09-2017 at 12:01. Reason: Forgot to add certain info

+ Reply to Thread