+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Stock Take! How Much Kit have you got

I'm Jez.

I'll guess this will go against the grain but an observation I've made with headphone amps for my 300R and very easy to drive Sennheiser HD580's is that the amp matters very little. Just a couple of Volts at a few mA is enough to drive 'em and I can tell very little difference between various SS sound sources driving them from CD player, to DAC, to headphone socket on PC or laptop or even my own design no compromise class A headphone amp.... yes the latter is the best but to be honest the difference between any of these sources is Nth degree... I wonder if this is maybe why some "designed to be coloured" headphone amps, mainly valve, have become popular?

Often there are resistors in line at the output of headphone amps or the sockets on an integrated amp, 22-68R or so being common, which means they have bugger all "grip", "current", "control" over the 'phones by design even! My class A no compromise unit eschews these but with little difference to the sound...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    4 lots of headphones and headphone amps! That's an addiction mate.
    I know! The only two sets I use regularly are the two sets of Stax earphones and associated energisers. In addition I've got an ancient duo of Musical Fidelity X-Cans and Sony-something-or-other headphones which are past their best, and a Chord Hugo Dac/headphone amp, plus HiFi Man something or other headphones, which I use far too rarely to warrant keeping.

I'm M.

tt=2
    tonearms=2
    cdp=2
    cart=5
    integrated amps=1
    pre amps=1
    power amps=2
    speakers=3
    tuners=2
    tape=1

I'm Dennis.

Because of my political activities in my career I am probably in a much compromised position financially than many here, and the result of this, with my desire for and love of quality in everything, means that my approach is to be minimalist in number of possessions.

I would rather have one bar of 85% dark chocolate than 10 Cadburys dairy milk bars.

So now that I have 2 pairs of speakers, I will get rid of one, and also sell the other two items I have spare, a pre and a tuner.
    I'm also considering upgrading my Gammas to Betas, and pulling in my belt to do it.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Because of my political activities in my career I am probably in a much compromised position financially than many here, and the result of this, with my desire for and love of quality in everything, means that my approach is to be minimalist in number of possessions.

I would rather have one bar of 85% dark chocolate that 10 Cadburys dairy milk bars.

So now that I have 2 pairs of speakers, I will get rid of one, and also sell the other two items I have spare, a pre and a tuner.
    I'm also considering upgrading my Gammas to Betas, and pulling in my belt to do it.
    im poorer i would sell my extras but cant find buyers up here
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

It is amazing what the human being can do when placed in extremis Grant, until '08 I was living on £59 a fortnight, whilst trying to maintain a house, do all the usual overheads, pursue Hi-Fi, and bodybuild, and it was hard.

But those adaptations I use now to maximise the use of my money, and relatively it feels like luxury now on a state pension.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    It is amazing what the human being can do when placed in extremis Grant, until '08 I was living on £59 a fortnight, whilst trying to maintain a house, do all the usual overheads, pursue Hi-Fi, and bodybuild, and it was hard.

But those adaptations I use now to maximise the use of my money, and relatively it feels like luxury now on a state pension.
    Its why humans became successful.. adaptability.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

I have massively cut down my clutter, but off the top of my head:

2x pairs of speakers, Royd RR3 and Royd Sorcerer SE
    2x power amps, Exposure IV & LFD PA2M (SE)
    2x preamps, Exposure III & LFD DLS
    3x DACs, Audial Model S, Theta DS Pro Progeny & an old Beresford DAC
    2x phono stages, Vista Audio Phono 1 mk2 & Hagerman Bugle2
    2x turntables, Systemdek III in bits, and a Pioneer PL71
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Martin.

Get rid of a DAC then you have 2 of everything.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Get rid of a DAC then you have 2 of everything.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast