+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stupid Fecking eBay!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Dealing with oriental sellers is a whole different ball game. They do seem very willing to help with problems though and are extremely polite (in my experience).
    Yes very polite and plenty of messages with good enough english ....no refund though but Im sure paypal refunds work on their keyboards. I wouldnt be confident that the guarantees are solid and delivery times can be three weeks

I have bought things direct from China and have been very happy and amazed at the price. I dont tend to do it with other options available though as I like the quick delivery times and more guarantee peace of mind from UK sellers.

They do seem to be helpful in that knock you up a quality suit while you wait even if I dont really want one. Just a different culture with a lot of bartering down the price.

Too much advertising as UK sellers even though the handle is registered in China which has caught me out a couple of times. I triple check now. I dont normally need to order direct from China but things crop up when its a good deal that cant be matched elsewhere. I dont mind paying a western mark up if its reasonable

I'm Anto.

People who post stuff on their phone , with precious little information and hardly the time or courtesey to reply to questions in a manner that a gentleman/woman ,would expect .

To be fair ,you can usually spot the type by their spelling grammar , but not always foolproof.
    Had some great transactions on E Bay over the yrs and met some truely lovely people (and some scanks ,only a couple , mind!! )
    Minstrel SE ,makes some lovely points and sums up my true thoughts about the place , although ,sometimes when I am in a bad mood about the way an item has progressed ,makes me hate the Bay of Pigs and their corporate greed !! I am sure the feeling is not uncommon ?
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    People who post stuff on their phone , with precious little information and hardly the time or courtesey to reply to questions in a manner that a gentleman/woman ,would expect .

To be fair ,you can usually spot the type by their spelling grammar , but not always foolproof.
    Had some great transactions on E Bay over the yrs and met some truely lovely people (and some scanks ,only a couple , mind!! )
    Minstrel SE ,makes some lovely points and sums up my true thoughts about the place , although ,sometimes when I am in a bad mood about the way an item has progressed ,makes me hate the Bay of Pigs and their corporate greed !! I am sure the feeling is not uncommon ?

Sorry to be blunt. Those particular type are better known as ''white trash''. unfortunately, I have a very low tolerance for those kind of people.

S.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post

Yes thats an important point about the sellers who make little or no effort to describe what is on offer. They dont seem to realise that distance selling benefits from a reasonable description of whats on offer. Im not asking for an essay. They are not stood behind a tressle table at a car boot sale. I would like to know a little bit to wet my whistle

Its becoming all to common with items like computer games where no description is offered. Im looking at one at the moment which has art cards with it and I would generally like to know if they are fine and the disc is barely marked. I know it takes time to list things but this game isnt cheap and Im still being offered no useful grading without having to ask

My golden rule is that if they are not going to describe it I move on to the person that will make some effort. This can be quite time consuming scrolling down the pages Yes I can ask questions but with multiple listings of the same game, I find a seller that looks as though they take some interest in what they are selling. I will pay more to deal with a good seller. If the seller doesnt answer the question well or gets shirty I move on.

Oh and its sods law that if Im looking for rare speaker cabinets they always seem to turn up with the worse sellers or house clearance sharks.

I accentuate the downside but its mostly great people and useful transactions on ebay

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345