+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Fecking eBay!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I'm on 6800 or so feedback, buying and selling, and I have never had an obviously extreme deliberate 'not as described ' item delivered or threats or even nasty language, in thousands of transactions.
    Weird!
    Same here. I'm at over 2500 transactions since 2004.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

I'm on 6800 or so feedback, buying and selling, and I have never had an obviously extreme deliberate 'not as described ' item delivered or threats or even nasty language, in thousands of transactions.
    Weird!
    A recent example - I bought a GL75 which looked in decent order. I asked the guy to pack it carefully. It arrived in a flimsy box, the TT wrapped in one thin layer of bubble wrap. Not even the platter removed, let alone the tonearm weights or even the lid. Needless to say the lid was wrecked, the tonearm stay broken off, the arm bouncing around, the cartridge trashed. What kind of fuckwittery is that? Getting a refund took an age as the guy refused to co-operate and stopped answering email.

One one of my last sales, must be 4 years ago, a set of of Tannoy Gold crossovers, they guy claimed a partial refund because one 'wasn't working' and he would have to have it repaired. I knew this was bollocks as I had only recently taken them off my GRF cabinets, so I said send them back I'll refund in full. In the end he refused to send them back (as he got them cheap) but left feedback saying they weren't as described - needless to say they were perfect, the guy was just taking revenge because I wouldn't play the partial refund game.

Of course 95% of transactions go well. But I don't sell any more and buy less and less. As a company I don't like them, perhaps even less than I like Amazon. (Though I don't hate either as much as I hate Google).

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    A recent example - I bought a GL75 which looked in decent order. I asked the guy to pack it carefully. It arrived in a flimsy box, the TT wrapped in one thin layer of bubble wrap. Not even the platter removed, let alone the tonearm weights or even the lid. Needless to say the lid was wrecked, the tonearm stay broken off, the arm bouncing around, the cartridge trashed. What kind of fuckwittery is that?
    I had exactly the same with a GL75.

I'd outlined the necessary packing precautions via message to the guy and he ingnored them. It arrived packed as you describe and was also smashed. I got a £50 part refund, which covered half of what I'd paid and I had enough spares to sort it out, so I was not out of pocket in the end. But why do people have no bloody common sense?
    Last edited by walpurgis; 09-08-2017 at 09:28.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I had exactly the same with a GL75.

I'd outlined the necessary packing precautions via message to the guy and he ingnored them. It arrived packed as you describe and was also smashed. I got a £50 part refund, which covered half of what I'd paid and I had enough spares to sort it out, so I was not out of pocket in the end. But why do people have no bloody common sense?
    In many cases they are selling things that they know are worth something but do not understand how to handle - and yes they have no common sense. Turntables are probably one of the most difficult things to pack properly, I would be very reluctant to send or receive one unless the seller was obviously capable and responsible. Though I did send a GL78 to Hong Kong once, that was risking it a bit!

I'm Martin.

I had about 50 transactions on ebay before I closed my account, was ripped off 5 times, including on my first ever transaction. Not enough money involved to be bothered with taking it further after the first bullshit e-mail responses from the sellers. Personally I wouldn't dream of trying to sell anything there. By contrast I've bought and sold a ton of stuff on here and never any issues.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Weird!
    well yes it could go like that depending on what you are generally buying and selling. I am slightly surprised though as there are the careless buyers and sellers out there. Im not saying they are mailicious...just inexperienced and misleading...some are just plain lazy and everything is "mint" Some people are just having a stressful week and it gets out of hand for no reason. I had someone buy a remote control from me when I had clearly listed the exact model it was for. He said his girlfriend has just seen Teac and bought it....I dont need niggles like that...He said he would keep it and sell it on so its gets sorted but I wonder how careless people are

Ive never been completely scammed but dealing with some people does leave a sour taste in the mouth. Ive been threatened and Ive been called sad lonely and nasty personal comments for even daring to message people about the item I can laugh about it now but there are some shocking people out there

The problems develop when that guy clearly didnt like the price the record sold for so wasnt playing by any known rules of sending it.

I put many things down to experience though and it was a particular phase where I was more naive and buying collectables that rely on grading.

When half! a coax plug arrived from China (thought it was a UK seller) I begin to question what Im doing on there...this was followed by some sort of Monty Python dirty fork sketch....It took ages to get a refund which ebay thankfully sorted. No action from the seller other then getting messages "we will help you to be happy" and that someones customer services job and family could be on the line if I complained...well learn how to send a quick refund then...I dont leave negative feedback unless I really have been scammed.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 09-08-2017 at 17:00.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    When half! a coax plug arrived from China (thought it was a Uk seller) I begin to question what Im doing on there...this was followed by some sort of Monty Python dirty fork sketch....It took ages to get a refund through ebay. No action from the seller other getting messages that someones job and family could be on the line if I complained
    Dealing with oriental sellers is a whole different ball game. They do seem very willing to help with problems though and are extremely polite (in my experience).

I'm gone.

I've bought small items from China on eBay for 99p delivered.
    How do they do that?
    Surely postal costs must exceed that price by a fair margin.

(And the goods arrived AOK! )

I'm Josie.

I'm going to close my ebay account today... Been a member since 2000. Not that they would care, it's just a shitty place, expensive... sorry, extortionate and my mums dog have more training than the representatives.

Bye bye ebay... bye bye. No loss... don't care.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Geoff.

I have no qualms about using ebay. I bought a camera yesterday which I am expecting Friday and I am also expecting it to be just fine.

I have stuff to sell. That will go on ebay too (some may end up offered on here though ).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast