+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Fecking eBay!!

I'm Shane.

Default Stupid Fecking eBay!!

Received a call this afternoon from an eBay representative. Informing me, that sharing contact numbers through the messaging system, is not allowed etc. If it happens again, you'll lose your account.....Blah. Blah, Blah!!

The phone call annoyed me, and resulted a abrasive response from myself.

To cut it very short. Towards the end of the call....I simply said Feck off, and leave me alone. God, I felt soooo good after that

S.

I'm Martin.

Ebay don't like it that you are making money and not letting them wet their beak a little. Or a lot. I'm sure our collective hearts bleed for them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm brian.

Sharing numbers to them means doing deals outside of ebay, but there cut seems a bit steep to me so they must realise that peeps
    will bend the rules on occasions ?.

I'm Martin.

Exactly - if you gouge too much people will start making the effort to avoid it and you end up gouging nothing. If they have got to the point of using real people to call the offenders it must be really hurting them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Ebay used to be a good place to sell, but I've not sold anything there for ages. The ever evolving intrusiveness and over-complex rules put me off.

Typical American company, the accountants constantly auditing operations to find ways of squeezing every last penny out of everything they do. Any semblance of human normality disappeared years ago.

If you've ever worked for a big US company, you'll know exactly what I mean. They even want to know how long you take to shake the drops off yer dick after a piss.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Squeezing every penny and mining every morsel of data too.

That's the thing that they never seem to get - the point at which the spread-sheet ends and the human factor begins. IME Accountants are fine for doing accounts but never let them anywhere near a business decision.
    Last edited by Macca; 04-08-2017 at 18:57.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Jonathan.

I got the same this week, so may be they are trying to crack down on deals outside their revenue streams. In my case the buyer was local and wanted to see the item before purchase and me sending him my address to enable him to do this broke their rules apparently. So the seller gets the threatening email and it is the buyer who begins the comms. If you look in the user agreement this is not covered so EBay haven't got a right to be so threatening. It is frustrating because I actually asked the buyer to put his offer in, but he didn't want to. I was trying to be the right side of their 'law' and still got the verbals. They really are a bunch of sheitsters masquerading as a business, using bots and algorithms to police their kingdom and not having the intelligence to check messages and facts.

Another rant over. I have had some success with eBay and am happy to pay their fees but they don't help themselves when it comes to sellers.

I'm Grant.

dont use them selling wise. rary buy there now either. ive an unblemished record and quite a high count considering i never sold a lot. its more been buying but they have been turning to a sall business server for some time.. been a member for any moons
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mark.

I always make sure there's a phone number discreetly displayed somewhere on one of the pics. ��

I'm Martin.

Yep I had one light warning in the past and it wasnt really my fault

I dont agree to anything off site by ebay message as I risk my account which I need. Plenty of people do and seem to get away with it.

I can understand it when I get a message from a seller directing me to their own website. I warn them sometimes but dont want to attract too much messaging traffic for ebay to see. Obviously that seller will do it until warned.

Every sale off site is obviously one less reason for the seller to use ebay. I think ebay have some leeway but dont want to see stuff thats too blatant.

To be fair to ebay its excellent for collectables and I would never have known about some of these sellers if it wasnt for ebay. If they have their own sites I certainly didnt come across them until they used ebay
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 06-08-2017 at 22:30.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast