+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Tsakiridis Aeolos Super Plus KT120 integrated/power amplifier with remote

montesquieu Guest

Default FS: Tsakiridis Aeolos Super Plus KT120 integrated/power amplifier with remote

Bought to use while my Radford STA100 was away at Radford Revival for its full rebuild and restoration, I had intended to keep this amp forever as a backup - it's a really lovely piece, well constructed, handsome, and a nice match for Tannoy HPDs.

However acquisition of a Radford STA25 Mk 3 has changed my plans - equally suitable for use while the STA100 is away, it has a much smaller footprint than the big Tsakiridis and will take its place in my study when the STA100 comes back, driving some Tannoy DC6's. (The Tsakiridis is a full-size amp and would never fit).

Hence reluctantly passing on this gem at the ridiculous bargain price I got it for: £600 (retail is a shade under £2k). This amp had been on the forum for a while before I bought it, and I had been thinking about it in the run up to the STA100 going away, but my mind was made up when I came across the Tsakiridis stand at the Munich show in May, and saw just how well made this kit is. After seeing the amp in the flesh I sat down at a cafe stop at the show and immpediately enquired about buying the one that was on the forum here.

This is the range-topping Aeolos Super Plus model, with remote control and a quad of Tung Sol KT120s. It has options for triode/pentode operation (triode was ample with my HPDs) and also a switchable feedback setting. Conservative 60w output on pentode.

Collection only on this - I have the original box but some of the packing is missing - though I'm prepared to drive around the M4/M3/M25/A34 'triangle' for a meet-up to hand it over.

Last edited by montesquieu; 03-08-2017 at 14:31.

I'm Lawrence.

Pm sent!

I'm ROGER.

Far too cheap !

montesquieu Guest

Looks like this is on hold chaps pending pickup tomorrow.

I'm Bernard.

A shame that I missed this Looking for a power amp to use while my McIntosh MC225 is out for service!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

montesquieu Guest

This is now officially gone - collected this morning.

I'm Lawrence.

If the mysterious buyer wants to move this on at some point, please PM me!

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread