+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auralic Aries Mini + SSD + SBooster BOTW P&P Eco Power Supply

I'm John.

Default Auralic Aries Mini + SSD + SBooster BOTW P&P Eco Power Supply

In February 2017 I purchased a Chord 2Qute DAC and was amazed at the quality of sound I got while listening to CD's via a separate transport. So much so, I decided I would like to dip my toe in the water of ripping my CD collection to a music server and also give streaming a try.

After a period of research and reading various reviews I concluded that the Auralic Aries Mini was the 'one to have' at the budget end of the market and I was impressed with range of options it offered and of the very fine reviews it was receiving.

I purchased this one in mid-March 2017 (£449) along with a WD 1tb SSD (£290) and having downloaded Auralic's excellent Lightning DS control app, I ripped most my CD's and also enjoyed access to the Tidal streaming service (Qobuz is offered too) as well as internet radio.

The sound quality played through my 2Qute has continued to amaze me and so I purchased a SBooster Best of Two Worlds Power and Precision Eco linear power supply (£260) having read a further review which concluded that the addition of a linear power supply improved the already excellent performance of the Mini yet further. The SBooster was reported to outperform Auralic's own separate linear power supply.

Unfortunately, soon after acquiring the SBooster I was advised that the linear power supply only offers significant enhanced performance when using the Mini's onboard DAC. In my case the Mini has only been used as a music server and streaming node through the 2Qute and Auralic themselves have confirmed that the addition of a linear power supply when used this way will offer little benefit.

So impressed have I been with the convenience and sound quality I have obtained from the Mini that I have recently agreed the sale of my fairly high-end turntable and I have decided to reinvest the proceeds into a better quality digital based system. I have just purchased a new Melco server and am wanting to sell the Aries Mini and SBooster to help part-fund the new acquisition.

Both items are less than 5 months old, are in mint condition and will be provided in their original boxes. I suspect the SBooster may not even be fully run in. The 15-16v SBooster will work with a variety of equipment as listed on the SBooster website.

Happy to sell these as a pair or individually.

Asking £510 including UK delivery for the Aries Mini including the 1tb SSD and £195 including UK delivery for the SBooster linear power supply.

I'm Edward.

Would you be interested in selling just the ssd?

Of so please send me a PM with details.

Cheers.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm John.

Edward,

Thanks for your enquiry.

I have just listed these items here and on PFM and have already received the same enquiry over there. I am not opposed to the idea in principle but would prefer to leave the listing for a period of time in order to see if there is any interest in the complete unit.

John

I'm Edward.

Thanks John for coming back.

Had it not been for the fact I already have 3 (!!) audio/video endpoints I would jump on your Aries like a flash.

Yes I would try to do the same as you initially of trying to sell the Aries and the SSD together.

Let me know if things change. Happy to discuss the SSD.

kind regards
    Edward
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm John.

The SBooster power supply is now sold stp.

However, the Aries Mini with onboard SSD is still available.

I'm John.

Payment received for the SBooster power supply which is confirmed SOLD.

The Aries Mini with onboard SSD remains unsold.

Still available as a combined unit at £510 including UK delivery or now willing to split at £345 inc delivery for the Mini and £165 inc delivery for the SSD.

I'm Edward.

Hi.

PM sent on the ssd. Hope you got it?

E

Sent via Tapatalk

I'm John.

The SSD is also now sold stp.

Just the Aries Mini remains. Super flexible little device.

I'm John.

Auralic Aries Mini now reduced to just £310 including UK delivery. Only five months old and in immaculate condition.

A superb sounding streamer/dac which will accept an internal HDD or SSD which transforms it into a music server.

I'm John.

Still available....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast