+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a question of noise!

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by the_doc735 View Post
    Well, got the 6L6 by John Wood:

What can I say:

Gob smacked! Speechless! There simply aren't enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe it!

This is completely inaccurate:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-a-tale-of-woe

The guy is really really good and the amp is amazing!

In his defense: John said:

"Well you all ways get one and he found out you can try and get your money back and keep the goods and I am not the only one he as tried it with .I have more than 1000 bits of audio out there and as you can see my second hand price is one of the highest in the world so what does that tell you ?.He is just a thief and A liar.
    John"

Grab one now BEFORE 'the word' gets out! These will take off in the future, no doubt about it! They are incredibly good value at the moment, I.M.H.O they could be sold in the same price range as Audio Research, McIntosh & Ayon etc. NO JOKE!

In fact I would like to hear Audio Research, McIntosh & Ayon amps in my setup to compare ~ ANY OFFERS? (bake-off).

PS: John has offered to give my 6L6 a FREE health check and transformer dip, so that it will be as good as new! Can't say fairer than that - can you? Good bloke?
    https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/5...ohn-wood-amps/
    John Wood 6L6 Valve Amp, with:

6L6GC Russian Original (no logo) Output Tubes 4x, supplied by J.Wood.
    ECC81 Mullard NOS Input Tubes 2x
    12AU7 (ECC82) Brimar NOS Input Tubes 2x

Wilson Benesch Actor Loudspeakers.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.
    M2Tech Hi-Face 2 RCA USB to S/PDIF (co-axial) converter.

HP Pavilion G6 - 2382sa D0Y14EA#ABU + "The Teddy" 19/3 - 19V 3.5A LPSU.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Silver Un-switched Double Wall Socket +
    APC ‘SurgeArrest’ Surge protector - PM1W-UK (Schneider), + AG500P Power Inspired mains – ‘pure sine wave’ re-generator.

Sennheiser HD 558 headset.

I'm Geoff.

Why would two court decisions against him be "inaccurate"?

I don't see the relevance of the link to ancient Wam posts.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Why would two court decisions against him be "inaccurate"?

I don't see the relevance of the link to ancient Wam posts.
    "Why would two court decisions against him be "inaccurate"?" ~ don't know what you are referring to in the "link to ancient Wam post" ?

The relevance is in support of his excellent products and character; & it helps build a case in his defense against this: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-a-tale-of-woe

Have you spoken to John Wood face to face (in person) regarding these issues? (in order to evaluate his version of events or are you simply bias to the case for the prosecution with no fair hearing for the defense?), I do believe that courts can make mistakes and hang innocent victims!
    Last edited by the_doc735; 10-09-2017 at 02:41.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Silver Un-switched Double Wall Socket +
    APC ‘SurgeArrest’ Surge protector - PM1W-UK (Schneider), + AG500P Power Inspired mains – ‘pure sine wave’ re-generator.

I'm Lawrence.

Heard the amp in question at Scalford this year thanks to Al, it looked superbly built and sounded great.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

The sophia Electric 91-01 300B has been returned as it did not work correctly on the UK mains power grid.
    Can I ask where you bought them from? I imagine some sellers would blame the mains/cables/RF interference etc.

I'm Geoff.

are you simply bias
    Ah. It's bias is it? Since when does asking a question equate to bias?

And you suggest that two court rulings were "inaccurate" without offering anything to back this up.

And I didn't get the Wam link. It's old and says nothing useful.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

"

Have you spoken to John Wood face to face (in person) regarding these issues? (in order to evaluate his version of events or are you simply bias to the case for the prosecution with no fair hearing for the defense?), I do believe that courts can make mistakes and hang innocent victims!
    I don't really know why you are bringing this up. You have one of his amps and like it, is that not enough? Fact is John Wood handled that situation very badly from a customer service point of view and had the opportunity on several occasions to put his version of events in Court and did not bother. Nor did he comply with the Court's ruling. How he handles these things is, of course, up to him, but hardly surprising that he experienced some blowback from it.

The fact that the purchaser in that particular incident auctioned the amp for charity just to be finished with the whole deal would indicate to me that his motive was not to get an amp for free, since he ended up a grand out of pocket and with nothing to show for it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Heard the amp in question at Scalford this year thanks to Al, it looked superbly built and sounded great.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Can I ask where you bought them from? I imagine some sellers would blame the mains/cables/RF interference etc.

It doesn't matter now anyway, they came from Germany, bought as new but when I returned them a few weeks later they said the valves were now worn out!! Ridiculous, in the extreme or what?

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ah. It's bias is it? Since when does asking a question equate to bias?

And you suggest that two court rulings were "inaccurate" without offering anything to back this up.

And I didn't get the Wam link. It's old and says nothing useful.
    asking a question isn't bias, but taking one side without hearing the other (side) IS!

I am not suggesting that this ruling was inaccurate, I am suggesting that this post (tail of woe) is a defamation of his character.

As I already said, The relevance of the wam post is in support of his excellent products and character; & it helps build a case in his defense against this: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-a-tale-of-woe

Have you spoken to John Wood face to face (in person) regarding these issues? (in order to evaluate his version of events or are you simply bias to the case for the prosecution with no fair hearing for the defense?), I do believe that courts can make mistakes and hang innocent victims sometimes!

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast