+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a question of noise!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm paul.

Well, got the 6L6 by John Wood:

What can I say:

Gob smacked! Speechless! There simply aren't enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe it!

This is completely inaccurate:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-a-tale-of-woe

The guy is really really good and the amp is amazing!

In his defense: John said:

"Well you all ways get one and he found out you can try and get your money back and keep the goods and I am not the only one he as tried it with .I have more than 1000 bits of audio out there and as you can see my second hand price is one of the highest in the world so what does that tell you ?.He is just a thief and A liar.
    John"

Grab one now BEFORE 'the word' gets out! These will take off in the future, no doubt about it! They are incredibly good value at the moment, I.M.H.O they could be sold in the same price range as Audio Research, McIntosh & Ayon etc. NO JOKE!

In fact I would like to hear Audio Research, McIntosh & Ayon amps in my setup to compare ~ ANY OFFERS? (bake-off).

PS: John has offered to give my 6L6 a FREE health check and transformer dip, so that it will be as good as new! Can't say fairer than that - can you? Good bloke?
    Last edited by the_doc735; 27-08-2017 at 17:53.
    John Wood 6L6 Valve Amp, with:

6L6GC Russian Original (no logo) Output Tubes 4x, supplied by J.Wood.
    ECC81 Mullard NOS Input Tubes 2x
    12AU7 (ECC82) Brimar NOS Input Tubes 2x

Wilson Benesch Actor Loudspeakers.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.
    M2Tech Hi-Face 2 RCA USB to S/PDIF (co-axial) converter.

HP Pavilion G6 - 2382sa D0Y14EA#ABU + "The Teddy" 19/3 - 19V 3.5A LPSU.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Silver Un-switched Double Wall Socket +
    APC ‘SurgeArrest’ Surge protector - PM1W-UK (Schneider), + AG500P Power Inspired mains – ‘pure sine wave’ re-generator.

Sennheiser HD 558 headset.

+ Reply to Thread