+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bells Palsy

I'm Taz.

All the best Dan and to a speedy recovery

I'm mick.

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery and that your's is a milder form than mine .11years and counting ,right eye still giving trouble but still a lot less noticable than when I only had half a face that worked.Trying to talk I looked like a bulldog licking p_ _ _ off a thistle! Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Loz.

All the best Dan. Hope you make a speedy recovery mate.

I'm Dan.

Thank you all guys for you wishes...

Those going though it to i wish you well also...
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Adrian.

Hello. I also had this a about 15 years ago with paralysis - it turned out to be oral herpes! This attacks the nerve on the affected side, not sure if your doc suggested a check up for this....
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Best wishes Dan and hope you make a good recovery.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Steve.

I had Bells a couple of years ago, brought on by a middle ear infection, caused by a flu virus. It completely immobilised the right side of my face. A high dose of steroids cured it in the end, but I was left with damaged hearing. Overall it has taken 18 months for my hearing to come back to where it was before the attack.

They tested me for stroke, with CAT scan, the full works, to be on the safe side.
    Not nice, but it'll right itself eventually. Doc told me that if it is caught within the first few days of it being noticed, there is a very good chance of complete recovery. I'm fine now, but you are probably going to have to accept that it will take quite a while to resolve itself.

Me trying to puff my cheeks out and hold the air in, or try to blow in a straight line, was a cause of much mirth from the missus, in the consultant's office at the ENT clinic. The nurse taking the notes was not amused.

I'm Mike.

All the best Dan
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm jamie.

get well soon mate,it would seem from all the posts its common,i only know one person who had it and that was a motorcycle racer called chris walker.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTheShadow View Post
    I had Bells a couple of years ago, brought on by a middle ear infection, caused by a flu virus. It completely immobilised the right side of my face. A high dose of steroids cured it in the end, but I was left with damaged hearing. Overall it has taken 18 months for my hearing to come back to where it was before the attack.

They tested me for stroke, with CAT scan, the full works, to be on the safe side.
    Not nice, but it'll right itself eventually. Doc told me that if it is caught within the first few days of it being noticed, there is a very good chance of complete recovery. I'm fine now, but you are probably going to have to accept that it will take quite a while to resolve itself.

Me trying to puff my cheeks out and hold the air in, or try to blow in a straight line, was a cause of much mirth from the missus, in the consultant's office at the ENT clinic. The nurse taking the notes was not amused.
    Hi Steve

Thank you im getting their a lot better today Yep i see what you mean in the 3rd paragraph...

Cheers
    Dan
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast