+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bells Palsy

I'm Dan.

Default Bells Palsy

Hi Guys

This is a strange one but one to look out for.

I was diagnosed yesterday with bells - quite common but also a reminder of what life can do in the blink of a eye "or not in my case" - short story is last week i had this weird feeling in my eye started Monday - got worse Tuesday and progressed to face drooping at the end of last week i could only get in the doctors yesterday thats when i found out that its bells - eye test done all done all fine no glasses need and no damage done this issue is one eye not blinking correctly was fully lifted last week so i could not close it the face drop was the turning point i only noticed it through laughing out loud at work and though thats not right feels weird also but getting their a course of steroids for now side affects can be worse then the diagnosis their after can take up too 9 months to recover i have noticed both are getting better 71% make a full recovery

Take care guys - this could be brought on by anything from stress , ETC and comes on very quickly

Thank you
    Daniel
    Main System: Musical Fidelity E100 Amplifier & Musical Fidelity E50 Tuner & Pioneer PD S505 Precision CD Player & Tannoy DC-1000 Speakers , Van Del Hul Speaker Cables - Linn , Cable Talk , Nakamichi Interconnects
    Vinyl -
    Rega Planer 2 with Rega Britain Green 250 Tonearm & Upgraded Van Den Hul Oil Bearing & Ortofon Super OM-10

Second System:
    Technics - SU-C909U Pre-Amplifier & SE-A909S Power Amplifier & Technics ST-GT 1000 Tuner & Pioneer PDS 505 Precision player & Thorens TD-125 MK1 Turntable & SME 3009 Series 1 & Shure V15 Type II Cartridge & SME 2000 Plinth & Celestion A compact Speakers , Monster Speaker Cable , Cambridge Audio Atlantic Yellow Interconnects.

Number 3
    Quad 33/303 , Mission 769i Speakers , Quad FM4 ,

I'm Brian.

Get well soon Dan , I hope you make a full recovery . You never know the '' moment '' do you ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server .
    DAC 3 French DAC
    Amplifier : Rega Brio R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Chord Epic Twin

I'm Geoff.

I had a work colleague who developed that Dan. He recovered OK. It took a little while though. I'm sure it will wear off.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Dan.

Cheers Guys..
    Main System: Musical Fidelity E100 Amplifier & Musical Fidelity E50 Tuner & Pioneer PD S505 Precision CD Player & Tannoy DC-1000 Speakers , Van Del Hul Speaker Cables - Linn , Cable Talk , Nakamichi Interconnects
    Vinyl -
    Rega Planer 2 with Rega Britain Green 250 Tonearm & Upgraded Van Den Hul Oil Bearing & Ortofon Super OM-10

Second System:
    Technics - SU-C909U Pre-Amplifier & SE-A909S Power Amplifier & Technics ST-GT 1000 Tuner & Pioneer PDS 505 Precision player & Thorens TD-125 MK1 Turntable & SME 3009 Series 1 & Shure V15 Type II Cartridge & SME 2000 Plinth & Celestion A compact Speakers , Monster Speaker Cable , Cambridge Audio Atlantic Yellow Interconnects.

Number 3
    Quad 33/303 , Mission 769i Speakers , Quad FM4 ,

I'm Peter.

My Dad developed Bell's Palsy on the left side of his face when in his forties. He reckoned he got it sitting in a draught on a train journey.
    Anyway, the doctors back then seemed to have no cure, which was a bit tragic in his case, because he'd devoted much of his life up to then to becoming a very, very good jazz sax player, and as he could no longer form an embouchure, he had to stop playing. Coincidentally, my mother developed the same problem a few years later, but seemed to make a much better recovery than my Dad. So, yes ... quite common.

I'm Grant.

yes get well soon. I was told it was maybe the cold sore virus that caused it. Its not nice but should go away mate
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm malcolm.

I had it about 8 years ago, yeah was brought on by a really stressful period, mine started with a really bad earache a few days before, then tingling in my lips, then water tasting salty, couldn't close my eye and the next day woke up with the whole right side of my face useless, couldn't move anything. It took a about five months to right itself but even now still notice a bit when I'm tired.

Watch out when you come off the high dosage steroids, I was mr angry for a few days and had really bad nightmares. Make sure the Doc gives you some drops for your eyes (artificial tears) because being unable to blink can allow your eye to dry and cause more problems.

I wish you a speedy recovery, I know it's really not much fun, and people who see you don't really understand, my speech was even slurred slightly. Hang on in there, it will get better.
    malcolm ("You can't shine if you don't burn" - Kevin Ayers)

If what I'm hearing is colouration, then bring on the whole rainbow

I'm Shaun.

Oh Dan, very best wishes for the future.

I worked with a guy in 2013 who had an attack of it at work one day. We all thought it was a TIA but apparently not.

Really hope you get well very soon.
    Marantz CD6005 into Audiolab MDAC
    Nottingham Analogue Interspace turntable with Origin Live Onyx tonearm/Denon DL103/Dynavector P75 MkIII phono stage

Prima Luna Prologue preamp
    Prima Luna Dialogue Premium power amp/EL34

B&W CM8 S2 loudspeakers

Atlas Hyper interconnects
    Van Den Hul Teatrack biwired cables

Anything Ozric Tentacles based

I'm Dave.

Wishing you well Dan.

A word of warning about using Steroids. I have had to use Steroids on a number of occasions because of Gout and injections for Tendonitis and very effective they are but you have to be careful when stopping, that you tail them off slowly and not just stop. I did that once and felt like death for a week, because you body gets used to the high does and stops making natural Steroids. That plus the Steroids makes your Achilles brittle, as I discovered and am still suffering from.

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

Sorry to hear that, Dan. Hope it clears up soon.

If it's any consolation, I know two people who have had it and both made full recoveries, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Unless it was due to over-exposure to hi-fi equipment, of course, in which case you could be in big trouble!
    Adam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast