+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bells Palsy

I'm Dan.

Default Bells Palsy

Hi Guys

This is a strange one but one to look out for.

I was diagnosed yesterday with bells - quite common but also a reminder of what life can do in the blink of a eye "or not in my case" - short story is last week i had this weird feeling in my eye started Monday - got worse Tuesday and progressed to face drooping at the end of last week i could only get in the doctors yesterday thats when i found out that its bells - eye test done all done all fine no glasses need and no damage done this issue is one eye not blinking correctly was fully lifted last week so i could not close it the face drop was the turning point i only noticed it through laughing out loud at work and though thats not right feels weird also but getting their a course of steroids for now side affects can be worse then the diagnosis their after can take up too 9 months to recover i have noticed both are getting better 71% make a full recovery

Take care guys - this could be brought on by anything from stress , ETC and comes on very quickly

Thank you
    Daniel
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Brian.

Get well soon Dan , I hope you make a full recovery . You never know the '' moment '' do you ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Geoff.

I had a work colleague who developed that Dan. He recovered OK. It took a little while though. I'm sure it will wear off.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dan.

Cheers Guys..
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Peter.

My Dad developed Bell's Palsy on the left side of his face when in his forties. He reckoned he got it sitting in a draught on a train journey.
    Anyway, the doctors back then seemed to have no cure, which was a bit tragic in his case, because he'd devoted much of his life up to then to becoming a very, very good jazz sax player, and as he could no longer form an embouchure, he had to stop playing. Coincidentally, my mother developed the same problem a few years later, but seemed to make a much better recovery than my Dad. So, yes ... quite common.

I'm Grant.

yes get well soon. I was told it was maybe the cold sore virus that caused it. Its not nice but should go away mate
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm malcolm.

I had it about 8 years ago, yeah was brought on by a really stressful period, mine started with a really bad earache a few days before, then tingling in my lips, then water tasting salty, couldn't close my eye and the next day woke up with the whole right side of my face useless, couldn't move anything. It took a about five months to right itself but even now still notice a bit when I'm tired.

Watch out when you come off the high dosage steroids, I was mr angry for a few days and had really bad nightmares. Make sure the Doc gives you some drops for your eyes (artificial tears) because being unable to blink can allow your eye to dry and cause more problems.

I wish you a speedy recovery, I know it's really not much fun, and people who see you don't really understand, my speech was even slurred slightly. Hang on in there, it will get better.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Shaun.

Oh Dan, very best wishes for the future.

I worked with a guy in 2013 who had an attack of it at work one day. We all thought it was a TIA but apparently not.

Really hope you get well very soon.

I'm Dave.

Wishing you well Dan.

A word of warning about using Steroids. I have had to use Steroids on a number of occasions because of Gout and injections for Tendonitis and very effective they are but you have to be careful when stopping, that you tail them off slowly and not just stop. I did that once and felt like death for a week, because you body gets used to the high does and stops making natural Steroids. That plus the Steroids makes your Achilles brittle, as I discovered and am still suffering from.

I'm Adam.

Sorry to hear that, Dan. Hope it clears up soon.

If it's any consolation, I know two people who have had it and both made full recoveries, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Unless it was due to over-exposure to hi-fi equipment, of course, in which case you could be in big trouble!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast