+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For August!

I'm Geoff.

Default Crap Weather For August!

Actually, it's not looking too bad at all out there. Bright and sunny and the wind has died down!
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm John.

Heavy showers here this morning with quite gusty winds. Feeling quite cool as well.

I'm Grant.

nowt to write home about here.. about 15c and showery
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Geoff.

It finally stayed dry and wind free long enough today for me to get up on the garage and extend the roof. Been waiting weeks to do this. There's no way I was going to be up there weilding 3 metre corrugated ally sheets in the wind!

Waterproofed all the fixing and old nail holes. Got to flash the back against the wall yet, then extend the framework underneath, so I can move the walls. Then extend the concrete floor.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Dave.

That made me chuckle - I did just that many years ago - tried to repair a corrugated iron roof in a heavy wind. I ended up on the drive, unharmed apart from a lot of bruising..

Could have been worse - I could have chopped my head off.

I'm Geoff.

Daft Bugger!

Folk just don't realise how dangerous this can be, even two handed.
    Mr. Tact!

I'm Grant.

a maintenance guy picked up a sheet of boarding on forth bridge that had blown off a truck. put it in back and sat on it in back while they drove back. he got blown over the side. He was lucky and survived but took a while to get to him
    Regards,
    Grant ....

DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Geoff.

Dunno what it's going to do today. It's 19C, gloomy and looks like it may rain. Well it is August!
    Mr. Tact!

I'm Grant.

15c and light but full cloud.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm John.

Absolutely lashing it down now, windy with it. Around 16c. On-line shopping beckons today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast