+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For August!

I'm Geoff.

Default Crap Weather For August!

Actually, it's not looking too bad at all out there. Bright and sunny and the wind has died down!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

Heavy showers here this morning with quite gusty winds. Feeling quite cool as well.

I'm Grant.

nowt to write home about here.. about 15c and showery
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

It finally stayed dry and wind free long enough today for me to get up on the garage and extend the roof. Been waiting weeks to do this. There's no way I was going to be up there weilding 3 metre corrugated ally sheets in the wind!

Waterproofed all the fixing and old nail holes. Got to flash the back against the wall yet, then extend the framework underneath, so I can move the walls. Then extend the concrete floor.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

That made me chuckle - I did just that many years ago - tried to repair a corrugated iron roof in a heavy wind. I ended up on the drive, unharmed apart from a lot of bruising..

Could have been worse - I could have chopped my head off.

I'm Geoff.

Daft Bugger!

Folk just don't realise how dangerous this can be, even two handed.

I'm Grant.

a maintenance guy picked up a sheet of boarding on forth bridge that had blown off a truck. put it in back and sat on it in back while they drove back. he got blown over the side. He was lucky and survived but took a while to get to him
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Dunno what it's going to do today. It's 19C, gloomy and looks like it may rain. Well it is August!

I'm Grant.

15c and light but full cloud.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Absolutely lashing it down now, windy with it. Around 16c. On-line shopping beckons today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast