+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest automotive purchase

I'm Shaun.

I do not intend to add anything else to this thread even though it is my thread. I think that Jez has put himself across supremely and displayed himself with great skill.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I do not intend to add anything else to this thread even though it is my thread. I think that Jez has put himself across supremely and displayed himself with great skill.

Buy yourself a portion of chips and he can piss on them as well.

BTW if I ever see you riding that thing and you are not wearing an authentic 1940 Wehrmacht helmet with a deaths head crudely painted on it I am going to be seriously disappointed in you.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Jez.

Mmmm... very interesting. You've clearly never ridden a high performance sports bike from what you have just said. Wrist numbing tingling vibration that kills after about half and hour. All of your weight on the same wrists killing them even more and then severe neck pain from the riding position. Zero torque so when you pull away from the lights you are still slipping the clutch fifty feet down the road and in the case of Ducati's, a bike so fixed on the road it will barely change direction. Of course you know all of that because like messing about with circuit boards, you are an expert. At least that is what you continually tell everyone. And if a 30 min ride is the max for a real bike, a sports bike must surely only manage a ten minute stroll down to the high street as that is where most of them end up; at the local bike showroom.
    Apart from aiming it at Audio Al, who you quoted, you obviously "don't get" banter... Enjoy life in the slow lane on your new Massey Ferguson
    PS try being a central London motorcycle courier for a while and then you will know all about motorcycling at a more then weekend warrior level.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Shaun.

You see, he just never knows when to stop.

I'm Geoff.

Never ridden a Harley.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Kevin.

I personally don't "get" Harley's. An 1800cc V twin producing about 75 BHP seems ludricous to me, but I am happy that you have fulfilled another dream and wish you many hours of enjoyment with your new toy.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Shaun.

Geoff, started my motorcycle days in 1976 riding a Kawasaki two stroke triple but quickly went on to other upgrades. Honda XL250S trailie bike and then a Kawasaki Z550 four cylinder. After that I had a GPz750 and then a GPz1000RX which was astonishingly fast. Then I kind of lost it a bit and went on to owning a few different Ducati's, 750SS, Monster 600, Monster 900 and finally a 907ie. In that time somewhere I also owned an FJ1200 and an FZR600. Last but now not least I bought a VN1500 Kawasaki Harley look alike. At that point I never wanted to ride a bike ever again but throughout all of these years I have always wanted to own a Harley, the iconic bike like no other. So, three weeks ago Sue and I bought one. This will almost certainly be my last ever motorcycle as I have severe osteoarthritis in my left knee which is never going to get any easier. I can still manage the bike OK and gear changing is still OK but I think that within the next few years I shall end my friendship with bikes. I will still have the hi-fi so this will take over with regards to hobbies. At the moment though I am enjoying the fact that I have realised yet another dream on the list.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I personally don't "get" Harley's. An 1800cc V twin producing about 75 BHP seems ludricous to me, but I am happy that you have fulfilled another dream and wish you many hours of enjoyment with your new toy.
    Don't understand where you get the '1800cc' from. It is a Twin Cam 88 engine which is 1,450cc.

Check out the Triumph Rocket at 2,100cc with just a few horsepower.

I'm Kevin.

It must have been the newer model with the 103 engine that I looked at.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Geoff.

[FONT=Tahoma]Geoff, started my motorcycle days in 1976 riding a Kawasaki two stroke triple
    Ha Ha. Here's my old one. A tuned 500! My favourite bike ever.

Click on image.

That was about 1981.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast