+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD : Arcam Delta 290 integrated amp

I'm Mark.

Default WTD : Arcam Delta 290 integrated amp

Looking for a good working unit with phono-stage and remote.
    Preferably without the well-known selector switch problem and for collection within 50 km. of Heathrow.
    Pls PM with asking prices if you have anything.

*** NO LONGER LOOKING FOR THIS THANKS ***
    Last edited by Len Co; 04-08-2017 at 20:18. Reason: No longer looking

I'm James.

There's a couple ont bay at the mo
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

Any specific reason you want this model Mark? At the same kind of money, I personally would be looking for for a Denon PMA-350SE. They don't go wrong and sound superb.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Any specific reason you want this model Mark? At the same kind of money, I personally would be looking for for a Denon PMA-350SE. They don't go wrong and sound superb.
    Recommendation really Geoff, plus I liked the comments I found via Google. I'll have a look at the Denon since you mentioned it. Cheers.

I'm Geoff.

There are many here who have owned the PMA-350SE, including myself. There's never a bad word said. For the money little comes even close. Occasionally one crops up with the optional and very good phono stage included.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There are many here who have owned the PMA-350SE, including myself. There's never a bad word said. For the money little comes even close. Occasionally one crops up with the optional and very good phono stage included.
    Thanks for the info Geoff.

I'm Dan.

IMO; the Denon is good, but the Delta 290 or the Alpha 9, for me, would be a much better move

However, some Delta 290's prices, IMO are daft and I'd pay for an Alpha 10

Just my thruppence'worth
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm Lawrence.

I had a delta 290 for a while, I wanted to bi amp but couldn't find a 290p, so I sold it (about £120 inc phono stage) and bought a 9/9p combo. However I couldn't live with the plastic fronts and they never sounded as good to me, so I sold them on. In theory they should have been better being basically the same but newer.

I'm Mark.

Dan, Lawrence, Your comments are very much in line with what I've read elsewhere on the net... Alpha 10 is attractive too but pretty rare at the mo.

I'm Mark.

Still looking for decent Delta 290 with phono-stage.........
    Or perhaps an Alpha 10 .......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast