Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phono stage bake off

I'm jamie.

Default Phono stage bake off

another phono stage bake off in Huddersfield.
    this promises to be good!
    firebottle and nva stages will be present as well as Nick / Lurcher designed stages and others,people are also welcome to bring their own phono stages as well.

Sunday 6th August 11am at the MCRU shop in Huddersfield 9 Brook Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1EB
    for more details ask here,
    http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB3/v...148890#p148890

ps,i wish i was going but brighton is too far away
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Andy.

Was it your idea to post this or did someone tell you to? You seem like a nice guy, it would be a shame to see you being used (deleted) for someone who is banned from AOS and is trying to spam their kit.
    Last edited by struth; 30-07-2017 at 09:15.

Bigman80 Guest

To be fair, Scooby, there has been a bit of a flair up over said bake off, involving members across the spectrum of the usual forums. Knowing Jamie, and having dealt with him many times I can't imagine he'd be a puppet for any banned member or actual member. He is a nice, guy as you stated. I have mentioned this Bakeoff in a thread titled "Firebottle OTP-MK2" post 67. I think.

There is a bake off, there will be phonostages from Firebottle and NVA present, lots of good kit. Nick Gorhams amplifiers, which I am told are Sublime! But not having heard them personally cannot confirm, and some rare speakers, if they can be lifted in. It's at neutral venue with MCRU hosting so, why not make the AoS forum aware!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Andy.

I agree he's a nice guy but he was clearly asked directly to post this by someone who is not only banned, but who has also tried to damage other trade and non trade members here. He also has a vested interest in selling his wares off the back of the bake off. Nice guys can be used by less nice people.

(deleted) In this case, Jamie was directly asked to post this by someone else as outlined above. I just wanted to make this transparent for all.
    Last edited by struth; 30-07-2017 at 09:16.

I'm Ian.

I would be very surprised if Jamie allowed himself to used as a shill for one person or another. We've been friends for the best part of 30 years so I think I know him quite well.

We are both very keen to hear the Firebottle, NVA and any other equipment and I can only imagine that there are plenty of other members here who feel the same, as he said it's just a pity it's so far away.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    I agree he's a nice guy but he was clearly asked directly to post this by someone who is not only banned, but who has also tried to damage other trade and non trade members here. He also has a vested interest in selling his wares off the back of the bake off. Nice guys can be used by less nice people.

(deleted) In this case, Jamie was directly asked to post this by someone else as outlined above. I just wanted to make this transparent for all.
    Was he? I will have a look.

Last edited by struth; 30-07-2017 at 09:16.

I'm Steve.

Should be an interesting day out. I have experienced phono stages from most of the manufactures/designers in the running all of them first class. I see the post here as informative rather than anything suspicious. I won't be attending myself as I am fast losing interest. I see no harm in supporting the event here though. Have a great day to all those who attend.

QUOTE=Bigman80;884979]To be fair, Scooby, there has been a bit of a flair up over said bake off, involving members across the spectrum of the usual forums. Knowing Jamie, and having dealt with him many times I can't imagine he'd be a puppet for any banned member or actual member. He is a nice, guy as you stated. I have mentioned this Bakeoff in a thread titled "Firebottle OTP-MK2" post 67. I think.

There is a bake off, there will be phonostages from Firebottle and NVA present, lots of good kit. Nick Gorhams amplifiers, which I am told are Sublime! But not having heard them personally cannot confirm, and some rare speakers, if they can be lifted in. It's at neutral venue with MCRU hosting so, why not make the AoS forum aware!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Bigman80 Guest

I agree about the equipment and after all, this hobby is about getting a sound you enjoy, no matter who builds it.

The banned person is naughty asking an AOS member to start a thread. That's why I posted it in the relevant area.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    Poisonous and manipulative sums it up, Oliver. Always the first to accuse others of spamming and shilling (and ad hominem) but somehow never guilty of it himself! Even when caught red handed
    He's been caught red handed multiple times over the past few weeks. A very unscrupulous character.

I'm Steve.

Chaps let's not feed the fire here. Instead starve it of fuel and oxygen. Pasting text from HFS isn't helpful to anyone. Please don't allow the sepsis to spread any further. Let's diffuse these notions now as it has little to do with us here. [QUOTE=Bigman80;884989]Oh dear. Seems that poisonous louse is up to his usual manipulative behaviour. (deleted)

Sent from my EVA-L09 using
    Last edited by struth; 30-07-2017 at 07:26.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast