Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phono stage bake off

I'm Andy.

Steve: I'm all for starving "it" of oxygen. That's why I objected to someone being used the breathe "its" words into life on a forum where "it" is banned.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    Steve: I'm all for starving "it" of oxygen. That's why I objected to someone being used the breathe "its" words into life on a forum where "it" is banned.
    lol i think you are getting a bit ott there.

right first of all iam no ones sock puppet as you put it!
    iam a member of both forums But i dont get involved in all the 'politics'.
    i was asked to post as no one had put a thread up about the bake off. simple, nothing more,no hidden motives.
    if you find anything i have written as 'evil' 'cancerous' then please show me.

as far as iam aware ive not broken any rules here,all ive done is inform people of a bake off ffs!
    Last edited by karma67; 30-07-2017 at 06:39.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

I'm pretty sure if anyone else other than "he" had mentioned posting it here, it would've been fine, mate.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 31-07-2017 at 09:26. Reason: Hint at prohibited topic

I'm Grant.

this was basicaly posted before or siilar. you were informed then it was not an aos community bake off and shouldnt be in community section... thus moved to blank canvas.

other posts may have been edited/deletedwhere nes. sorry but that is the rules
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

oops yes your right sorry my mistake.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    this was basicaly posted before or siilar. you were informed then it was not an aos community bake off and shouldnt be in community section... thus moved to blank canvas.

other posts may have been edited/deletedwhere nes. sorry but that is the rules
    its in 'analogue art' now???
    perhaps whoever is doing the moderating could respectfully remove mine and others posts that do not relate to the original post,all i wanted to do was make AOS members aware of a bake off.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Christopher.

There's nowt controversial about the opening post. Bake offs are great fun. Not about who 'wins' or 'loses'. Just about the the listening and 'the crack'. Wish I could be there. Hope to read about and attend in future.

Attacking another forum / forum owner who does not have right of reply here (regardless of reason) is surely against this forum's rules?
    Last edited by PalsHuffMor; 31-07-2017 at 06:36.

I'm jamie.

That is why I asked for all posts not relevant to the bake off be removed .
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    That is why I asked for all posts not relevant to the bake off be removed .
    Thanks Jamie

I'm Steve.

This is a rather tough bake off as it comes down to taste. The contenders are all very different beasts. Nick Gorham's design from memory was sublime when he brought it along to Nebo. MM only it shone though it was extremely expensive. I found the NVA very detailed and highly musical and a totally different presentation to my own Firebottle which is a little on the smoother side. All excellent kit.

What shocked me at the last Nebo was the on board phono stage in Rich Britton's Arcam integrated amp. It certainly made me a little sceptical.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast