+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, What's For Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... They're just classic dishes, if you like a nice sauce with some flaky fish

If you're up for doing some cooking yourself, aside from Mornay, etc, a great way to cook cod or salmon is in the oven, wrapped in tinfoil, as it keeps the fish lovely and moist.

So before putting it in the oven, blob a knob of butter on top of the fish, along with some lemon juice, a dash of white wine and some fresh herbs (dill is ideal), then wrap up the fish, and everything else, into a little parcel with the tinfoil.

When it's cooked, and you unwrap the parcel, the fish will be beautifully succulent, and the butter, wine and herbs will have infused together into a lovely, tasty light sauce. Simply carefully lift the fish off of the tinfoil and place it onto a plate, then drizzle the sauce inside the tinfoil over the top of the fish, and serve it with the potatoes and veg, as mentioned above.

For extra finesse, place a sprig of dill and a slice of lemon on top of the fish before serving. And if having it with boiled new potatoes, melt some butter on top and add some sprigs of fresh parsley. That makes a lovely, tasty and healthy meal!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm jamie.

I’m doing that one for sure!
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers, Townsend Elite rock 2 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS tonearm,Decca C4E cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

No worries. I hope you like it

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'm sure it tasted like it too, but for a genuine lasagne, you need béchamel sauce...

Marco.
    just a white cheese sauce, but i add a little of the lasagne meat sauce to top layer then white mild cheddar on top. works fine and Im not big on Bechamel sauce(i can take it or leave it)
    Last edited by struth; 12-10-2017 at 20:35.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Grant.

Lol... They're just classic dishes, if you like a nice sauce with some flaky fish

If you're up for doing some cooking yourself, aside from Mornay, etc, a great way to cook cod or salmon is in the oven, wrapped in tinfoil, as it keeps the fish lovely and moist.

So before putting it in the oven, blob a knob of butter on top of the fish, along with some lemon juice, a dash of white wine and some fresh herbs (dill is ideal), then wrap up the fish, and everything else, into a little parcel with the tinfoil.

When it's cooked, and you unwrap the parcel, the fish will be beautifully succulent, and the butter, wine and herbs will have infused together into a lovely, tasty light sauce. Simply carefully lift the fish off of the tinfoil and place it onto a plate, then drizzle the sauce inside the tinfoil over the top of the fish, and serve it with the potatoes and veg, as mentioned above.

For extra finesse, place a sprig of dill and a slice of lemon on top of the fish before serving. And if having it with boiled new potatoes, melt some butter on top and add some sprigs of fresh parsley. That makes a lovely, tasty and healthy meal!

Marco.
    Thats how I do my Salmon too.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    just a white cheese sauce, but i add a little of the lasagne meat sauce to top layer then white mild cheddar on top. works fine and Im not big on Bechamel sauce(i can take it or leave it)
    Yeah, at the end of the day, food is about making it to suit YOU. I'm sure it tasted great

I'm just big on traditionalism, especially with Italian cooking [and being Italian], ingredients are rigidly adhered to, so when someone says lasagne, then for me that means something created from a strict set of very specific ingredients

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Thats how I do my Salmon too.
    Works great, doesn't it?

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Yeah, at the end of the day, food is about making it to suit YOU. I'm sure it tasted great

I'm just big on traditionalism, especially with Italian cooking [and being Italian], ingredients are rigidly adhered to, so when someone says lasagne, then for me that means something created from a strict set of very specific ingredients

Marco.
    Yup, my white sauce is very similar but a better texture for me. It also doesnt go firm, for seconds next day

Works great, doesn't it?

Marco.
    Yes, I like cooking in foil. Ive still got my old enamel fish pan(huge) but its never used. got a pile of nice fish cutlery too somewhere...
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

Default OK, What's For Tea Today?

chicken in white wine sauce with leeks and potato dauphinoise

Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Neil.

Default OK, What's For Tea Today?

Homemade tacos tonight, the proper way. Soft tacos garnished with homemade pico de gallo, white onion and coriander, dash of Mexican chilli sauce, served with chicken done on the chargrill marinated in orange juice, lime juice, cumin and garlic, then chopped up. Forget about sour cream, cheese, guacamole etc.
    Mana Acoustics Racks >> Custom Silent Media Server >> Halide Bridge USB (with AQVOX USB power) >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast