+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, What's For Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I wasn't hungry last night.
    Had you eaten a big lunch, or perhaps just needed a good fart to make some space?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Fresh beef and red wine ravioli, with broccoli, asparagus, peas, green beans and some savoy cabbage that needed using up.

A glass or two of 2012 Chateau Réault, Bordeaux.
    Could we see some pics of your drinks and munchies (as we've all shown ours) Barry? I'd don't think I've ever seen what the food looks like that you're eating

Maybe do it next time?

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Hugh.

Gourmet night tonight.

Chips, egg, and beans.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    Gourmet night tonight.

Chips, egg, and beans.
    Now you're talking!
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

Nothing wrong with that, done well.

So it has to be proper homemade, hand-cut chips (not yer frozen shite), cut chunky, free-range or organic eggs, with lovely yellowy yolks, cooked slightly runny but still firm-ish in the centre, with a nicely firm white outer, and good quality baked beans (I like to stir in a teaspoon of double-concentrate tomato puree, a few drops of Lee & Perrins sauce and a small knob of butter, during the heating up process), so they come really tasty!

Then serve with some cracked rock salt on the chips and a sprinkling of good malt vinegar. Some white pepper and rock salt sprinkled on top of the eggs, and buttered 'soldiers' to dip into the runny egg yolk... Perfect!

Marco.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    good quality baked beans (I like to stir in a touch of double-concentrate tomato puree, a few drops of Lee & Perrins sauce and a knob of butter, during the heating up process), so they come really tasty!

Marco.
    That's my dodge. Except, I add a little white pepper, no Worcester sauce (not keen).
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

Yes, I'm not surprised because of the strong flavour. Thing is, you don't actually taste it, unless you use too much. It just subtly enriches the flavour, as I find that the tomato sauce contained in tinned baked beans usually needs a little 'help'

Especially as we buy the reduced salt variety.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

often do similar.. tomato paste or even ketchup and chilli usually. best cooked on stove for texture
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

Yup, or make your own baked beans, which is a different animal altogether!

Maarco.

I'm Geoff.

The only time I've appreciated worcester sauce, is a dribble across sardines on toast. That works.
    Mr. Tact!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast