+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 230 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2292

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There are a couple of them, but I don't use them.

The only time I eat fish & chips is when I'm down on the Cornish coast. They know how to do it right there and it's all fresh caught local fish.
    I'm a bit like that, too. Most city-centre chippies are SHIT, certainly in comparison with what you're talking about, so I never use them. The majority of the ones in Wrexham are dire. Glasgow and Liverpool do have some good ones, though.

However, for top-notch stuff to rival your favs on the Cornish coast, when I'm 'up the road' I go to an award-winning one in Anstruther (in Fife): http://www.anstrutherfishbar.co.uk/ or there's another one just around the corner, which the locals use, cheaper and just as good

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Tony.

Haven’t done a full-on day in the kitchen for quite some time. My daughter came round for dinner but we’ll still be living off this for a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Ian.

Nice chippie up the road from me, nothing fancy just good, fresh food. I usually have haddock as almost always it has to be cooked fresh while you wait and not been hanging around in the heated cabinet.
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

Ok, had this about an hour ago (ate later than usual tonight because we were out somewhere).

Chicken breasts wrapped in Parma ham and fresh sage (from our garden), with Marsala wine, button mushrooms, petits pois and potato croquettes, finished with fresh parsley (again from our garden), all home-made:

Wine was a gorgeous Passo dei Sani, which tastes like a turbo-charged Montepulciano D'Abruzzo - extremely intense and fruity. We bought this from an independent wine shop when we were in Holland earlier in the summer.

Use Google translate to read the description: https://www.wijnbeurs.nl/Wijnen/Rode...lie::7370.html

It's a rather nice drop!

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

looks nice. chicken wrapped in ham is nice. sauce looks good too
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55E/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, DEEZER HiFi - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

Cheers mate, it was really nice!

Marco.

I'm jamie.

frey bentos steak and kidney pie for me!
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers ,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,Pioneer PA-5000,Alphason HR-100S-MCS,Zeta tonearms,Denon 103SA Cartridge's,Denon HA-500 Head Amp, John Wood KT88 Valve Amp,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    frey bentos steak and kidney pie for me!
    your sick! and you might be
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55E/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, DEEZER HiFi - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

Lol - do they still make that stuff? Not had it since the 70s!

Along with Vesta curries and Findus 'French Bread Pizzas'....

Marco.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ok, had this about an hour ago (ate later than usual tonight because we were out somewhere).

Chicken breasts wrapped in Parma ham and fresh sage (from our garden), with Marsala wine, button mushrooms, petits pois and potato croquettes, finished with fresh parsley (again from our garden), all home-made:

Wine was a gorgeous Passo dei Sani, which tastes like a turbo-charged Montepulciano D'Abruzzo - extremely intense and fruity. We bought this from an independent wine shop when we were in Holland earlier in the summer.

Use Google translate to read the description: https://www.wijnbeurs.nl/Wijnen/Rode...lie::7370.html

It's a rather nice drop!

Marco.
    Proper fud! looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

+ Reply to Thread