+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 1261762162242252262272282362763267261226 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That's *exactly* how it is, and what I've experienced and become accustomed to since I was a kid: life revolves around fantastic food! Your day is planned around your meals, and food is talked about constantly, sharing recipes with friends and family, or telling each other what nice restaurants you've been to.

However, it's not only Italians who do that, but also the French, Spanish, Greeks, Portuguese, Germans, etc - almost anywhere you go abroad, GOOD (home-made) food is as important as life itself, and something we're all extremely passionate about!

I'm not surprised that they love her to bits - and yes Italian weddings (and religious celebrations) are amazing - that is if you love good food and drink, and plenty of it!

I remember going to the celebration of my cousin's first Holy Communion, in the little mountain village my family come from in Tuscany, I was about 12 at the time, and we arrived at their farmhouse around 12 noon, for 'lunch', which didn't finish until 6pm that evening!!

From the antipasto, followed by course after course of utterly amazing homemade pasta, vegetable and meat dishes, to the dessert and cakes afterwards, all from their own produce, and accompanied by amazing wines, again all made by themselves from their own grapes, and eaten outside in their pergola on a lovely sunny day, with everyone chatting, laughing and enjoying themselves, it was an unforgettable experience...

That's why I enjoy eating outside at home here, doing barbecues or whatever, when the weather allows, as it's in my blood [Del's too, from her German heritage] and the lifestyle our families were brought up with. Plus, in terms of Del and I, there's nothing nicer than spending time together like that, just chatting over a nice meal and enjoying each other's company.

It's what makes you close as a couple, and probably why we've been married now for nearly 27 years! It's certainly a far cry from what you so often see now, with both members of a couple glued to their phones, or worse, don't get on and spend all their time arguing!

Anyway, since you're interested in Italy, here's a pic of the little mountain village in Tuscany my family come from, called Barga:

And from another angle:

Special holiday discounts for AoS members

Marco.
    Beautiful country and beautiful food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Tony.

Default OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Continuing the Italian theme...

Melanzane alla parmigiana is our Sunday treat today.

It’s just cooking in the oven now.

Going to have a simply leaf salad in balsamic dressing and a nice glass of red to accompany

*baby one for the freezer

Last edited by mightymonoped; 13-05-2018 at 16:01.
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

Default OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Was at daughters for dinner. Roast chicken and trimmings. I passed on the gateau. Too many cals for me. Very nice it was too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sweet chilli salmon steak. Fell apart a bit on way to plate. Lol

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Continuing the Italian theme...

Melanzane alla parmigiana is our Sunday treat today.

It’s just cooking in the oven now.

Going to have a simply leaf salad in balsamic dressing and a nice glass of red to accompany

*baby one for the freezer

that looks superb tony
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Thanks Grant!

It's a bit of a faff to prepare to be honest, so it's not something I do very often these days. It does taste (and smell) great though. Definitely use a light olive oil for frying though.
    You can dust the aubergine in seasoned flour but I prefer to use Fine Semolina if I've got some.

Tony

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Thanks Grant!

It's a bit of a faff to prepare to be honest, so it's not something I do very often these days. It does taste (and smell) great though. Definitely use a light olive oil for frying though.
    You can dust the aubergine in seasoned flour but I prefer to use Fine Semolina if I've got some.

Tony
    looks hard work... would taste good tho.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I kept it simple for lunch.

A large chunk of wholemeal sourdough bread, well buttered with lots of creamy Lancashire cheese. It was absolutely delicious.

To follow I had a blackcurrant bakewell tart and an orange. Very nice.

I'm Gary.

Celery and potato chowder with homemade bread.

I'm Tony.

No meat this week, just veggies and fish.

Salmon with Dill, minted baby potatoes, peas, asparagus and fresh guacamole.

+ Reply to Thread