+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 21711111191201211221231311712216211121 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Interesting stuff. I'll need to try some of that, as it sounds right up my street! I'm afraid that, out with of sushi and the likes of Teriyaki chicken/beef, my knowledge of Japanese cuisine is very limited.

Btw, I meant to reply to this yesterday, and explain myself properly, in terms of my point about fat.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i like brisket if its not too fatty.
    Indeed. Don't get the wrong impression that I somehow enjoy chomping into huge chunks of fat, when I eat beef (or lamb/pork). The opposite is true, as unless it's the really tasty 'burnt bits', such as on the bones of lamb cutlets, which have been nicely grilled or barbecued, any excess fat is cut off.

However, if you want to extract maximum flavour from ingredients, and subsequently eat the tastiest food possible (which for me is what cooking is all about), then when it comes to meat, fat (and bones) are what gives it flavour.

Therefore, meat should start off that way, and not be too lean, before it's cooked, so that during the cooking process the fat content can render down and do its job, by imparting flavour into the meat and keeping it moist. Then once it's cooked, the fat will have done its job, and any excess bits can simply be trimmed off (unless you like eating them), and you're left with the most gorgeous tasting and succulent piece of meat you'll eat.

Starting off by using a leaner cut of meat (such a fillet, compared with ribeye), will not yield the same results, in terms of extracting maximum flavour. It's simply impossible, due to the biological makeup of the animal. Don't get me wrong though, the steak will still be tasty, just not *as* tasty!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Japanese mix of chilli and other spices.. very nice and can be hottish. There are different versions. Comes in a small bottle.

Chicken was great as were the chips
    The citrus component (orange) is also very important. Lovely with sushi.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sure, but there's no way it's as flavourful as good ribeye. You need some fat for flavour, and the tastiest parts of a cow are the bits that have done some work!

Marco.
    Agreed which I why I'll opt for Chateaubriand when I can find it.

I'm rarely impressed by the meat sold in most supermarkets (especially Tesco), and prefer to shop at my local butcher.
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Default OK, What's For Tea Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

I'm rarely impressed by the meat sold in most supermarkets (especially Tesco), and prefer to shop at my local butcher.
    I do love a chateaubriand, with a good béarnaise sauce and thick cut chips, but it’s not a fatty cut, it’s from the tenderloin, some of the least worked muscles. This cut is all about luxurious texture, but a ribeye will always have more rich flavour.

...the other week I slow cooked a topside roast for 16hrs in Guinness and stock, wow! Just fell apart into strands and was super juicy.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Me too (and the meat is often cheaper than in supermarkets, and better), but when I don't have time to go there, trust me, that 21-day matured Côte de Boeuf, I linked to earlier, from Lidl, is none too shabby!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Neil.

Something cleaner and healthier tonight. Japanese style steamed chicken with rice and some broccoli on the side.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

You've' got me at it tonight Grant - pasta!
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm openingabottleofwine.

A simple baked potato filled with tuna and mayonnaise. Green beans, sugarsnap peas, sweetcorn and brocolli on the side.
    Barry

Don't get lazy and neglect to post pics, guys!

There's nothing more boring than a food thread without pictures!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Neil.

Aromatics chopped and ready to go.

Chilli, ginger, garlic and spring onions.

+ Reply to Thread