+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 1642142542622632642652662743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm sorted.

Chicken with smoked bacon, veg medley & sweet potato mash

I'm Justin.

Steak and Blacksticks blue cheese pie on masses of peas deliberately drenched in a fab gravy made of Kallo liquid beef stock, dark soy, Worcestershire sauce and a good dollop of English mustard among other things.

When down super quickly. A lighter eat than tons of mash that I wasn't in the mood for.
    Last edited by User211; 09-07-2018 at 20:19.

I'm Grant.

Brisket joint in marinade of best red wine and herbs etc.

A glass of vino for me too for a treat

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Default OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Erm, YES PLEASE. Brisket done right is the king of beef.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

As it is a very hot summer did you decide to eat the beef raw a la brisket tartare!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Part One

Locally sourced brisket dry rubbed with:-

Salt & Pepper
    Cumin
    Garlic Powder
    Cinnamon
    Smoked Paprika
    Soft Dark Brown Sugar
    Oregano
    Ancho Chilli Flakes
    Guajillo Chilli Powder

This will sit in the fridge for 24 hours before Part Two.

To be continued....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Part Two (for the sake of completion)

Don't have any more photos and the food has long since passed through my alimentary canal!

However, I did make a nice Chilli (some of which is now in the freezer) which then went into a 'Mexican Lasagne' (using Corn Tortillas instead of pasta).

So I diced the marinated brisket and browned it in a pan before slow cooking it for 8 hours with:-

2 x Onion
    3 x Garlic cloves
    2 x dried Ancho peppers (pre-soaked)
    2 x dried Cascabel peppers (pr-soaked)
    1 x Jalepeno pepper
    2 tins of chopped tomatoes
    2 x Red peppers (chopped)
    3 x sundried tomatoes (chopped)
    1 handful of fresh coriander
    1 x Beef stock cube
    1 x capful of Red Wine Vinegar
    Salt & pepper

Once cooked I layered this in a lasagne dish with corn tortillas and grated cheddar cheese, then baked in the oven for 25 mins.
    Served with fresh guacamole, soured cream and the spicy chipotle coleslaw (I posted separately), was bloody marvellous, and even better the next day :-)
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

Brisket is on cooking now.

Out of bag

Seared in goats butter

approaching the simmer

My cast enamel pot

In cooling phase now. Very important bit

Last edited by struth; 11-07-2018 at 13:21.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Late lunch. Welsh cakes warmed and with butter and strawberry jam

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Cooled sufficiently to slice. Juice reheated and slice meat will now sit in there to absorb and relax further.

Already tastes superb
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now finished and nice n tender.

Superb taste too.

Juice has been strained and will be reduced tomorrow

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread