+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 721221621701711721731741822222726721172 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Grant.

No its a morrisons one. Very decent for a fresh ready ... the grater was dirty lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Had some veggies to use up, made a massive soup / stew, carrots, parsnip, swede, onion, tomato, green peas, barley, lentils, butter beans, a little Polish veg stock (Kucharek), garlic, ginger, chilli, black pepper. Fabulous, enough for several days.

http://www.kucharek.eu/en/products
    Nice one, Alex. Didn't know you had Polish connections! There's a large and very vibrant Polish community in Wrexham, and has been since the war (even the Catholic churches here have masses said in Polish), so we're fortunate to have access to a number of good Polish supermarkets, such as Chata Polska:

http://www.chatapolska.pl/

We buy most of our bread there, as it's excellent quality and much cheaper than what would be considered as 'boutique foreign bread' sold in some UK supermarkets. I also love their yogurts, which are tastier (fruitier) than most of those from 'big brands', sold in UK supermarkets. Some of the cold meats are also superb, and various other things, including the selection of Polish lager!

There are also a few Portuguese delicatessens, and even restaurants, in Wrexham, as there is also a sizeable Portuguese community, and we buy numerous things from there, such as top-notch smoked paprika and special chillies, for making Piri-Piri, clams in shells, prawns and other forms of seafood, also fruit juice, which I have with my breakfast, as they sell flavours you don't really see here, such as pear or peach, and the orange is just superb, as it's thick, rich fruit nectar, not simply just watered down juice!

This stuff: https://sumolcompal.pt/en/brand/comp...lassico-nectar

...but I buy the same thing for just over £1

Oh, and not to mention the superb vinho verde and lovely red wine they sell, which they import from Portugal, and sell for just over £5 a bottle!!

'Keep the foreigners out', eh?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

often used to buy polish sourdough at fraction of cost elsewhere.. was good too, but dont eat bread much now
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Eh?? So all those pics of bread rolls with soup you've posted, were just a figment of my imagination?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Eh?? So all those pics of bread rolls with soup you've posted, were just a figment of my imagination?

Marco.
    still eat rolls, yes.. they are more convenient and less waste. got to limit bread intake
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I had a crusty granary roll with some St Agur cheese. That was well tasty. I bit of fruit afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    still eat rolls, yes.. they are more convenient and less waste. got to limit bread intake
    Lol - it's still bread, daftee! You could eat less white bread rolls, and more Polish sourdough, which would overall be better for you

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - it's still bread, daftee! You could eat less bread rolls and more Polish sourdough, which would overall be better for you

Marco.
    i would if someone else ate it but a loaf gets wasted. rolls keep better. not supposed to eat any buy screw that
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

My local bakery recently closed down, the owner is a friend of mine, I miss his good quality stuff.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i would if someone else ate it but a loaf gets wasted
    I find that too. Try the Tesco High Protein loaf Grant. They're small and very tasty. Lasts me about three days.

+ Reply to Thread